    5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used, slot 1
    and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2 instead of 1
    and 3?
    doS, Mar 25, 2005

  2. doS

    SgtMinor Guest

    doS wrote:

    > I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on test
    > 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used, slot 1
    > and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2 instead of 1
    > and 3?

    I use 3 sluts and never get any errors.
    SgtMinor, Mar 25, 2005

  3. doS

    doS Guest

    I somehow believe that.

    doS, Mar 25, 2005
  4. doS

    MrB Guest

    Eventually, you will get the BSOD.

    MrB, Mar 25, 2005
  5. SgtMinor wrote:

    > doS wrote:
    >
    >> I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on
    >> test 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used,
    >> slot 1 and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2
    >> instead of 1 and 3?
    >>

    > I use 3 sluts and never get any errors.

    Besides that one message "welcome to a new member of the AIDS club" the
    other morning?
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Mar 25, 2005
  6. doS wrote:

    > I am running memtest on my new board. I am getting errors, like 200 on
    > test 5 and 7 on test 7 . I have 3 slots for ram,2 slots are being used,
    > slot 1 and 3. Can changing slots make a difference, say I use 1 and 2
    > instead of 1 and 3?

    Surely it can. Try if you have the time, but then rather try change timings
    in your bios, or other ram sticks.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.11-mm4[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Mar 25, 2005