  1. Rick Merrill

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Can you expand your RAM via a PIMCA carD?>!
    Rick Merrill, May 27, 2007

  2. Rick Merrill

    meerkat Guest

    meerkat, May 27, 2007

  3. Rick Merrill

    Kraftee Guest

    Kraftee, May 27, 2007
  4. Rick Merrill

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message
    news:Thl6i.8449$...

    > "Rick Merrill" <> wrote in message
    >> Can you expand your RAM via a PIMCA carD?>!
    >>

    > Yes.
    > http://www.nextag.co.uk/pcmcia-memory-card/zzukzB1z0--search-html

    That doesn't expand the RAM in a PC. You can't do that with a CardBus card,
    ExpressCard, or any USB adapter card for any Compact Flash or similar type
    of memory.

    The one exception to the above is Vista's new ReadyBoost feature which will
    use a USB memory device as cache for the system, but it is not able to be
    used as regular RAM. I have 2Gig of RAM in my laptop. I can plug in my
    Sandisk Cruzer and use it for ReadyBoost, but I still only have 2Gig of RAM
    available for Windows to load the OS, applications, and data into.
    WhzzKdd, May 27, 2007
  5. Rick Merrill wrote:

    > Can you expand your RAM via a PIMCA carD?>!

    What's a "PIMCA carD"?

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups