    of that, but it will only take 1GB or smaller SODIMMS)

    Thanks,
    Bob

    zxcvbob, Nov 16, 2008

  2. zxcvbob

    VanguardLH Guest

    zxcvbob wrote:

    > Wife's computer is running Windows XP "Media Edition" SP3 and has 512 MB
    > of RAM installed. It's a laptop, about 2 years old.
    >
    > My computer is running Windows XP Pro, just updated to SP3, and has 2GB
    > or RAM. It's a laptop about 6 months old.
    >
    > Both computers take DDR2 memory, PC2-5300. (Mine can also take
    > PC2-6400.) Both have all the memory slots filled.
    >
    > I want to upgrade her computer with more memory. Should I just buy a
    > 1GB memory module for it, or should a transfer 1GB from my computer and
    > buy a 2GB module for mine? There's not a big difference in cost. I'm
    > just not sure if there's any reason to upgrade from 2GB to 3. (Before
    > anyone says I should just buy a 2GB module for *her* computer, I thought
    > of that, but it will only take 1GB or smaller SODIMMS)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    If your laptop is working now, I wouldn't putz with changing its memory
    config. Just get a 1GB stick to put in her laptop and check Task
    Manager to see what is her peak memory consumption over a week or two of
    use to see if she needs more.

    VanguardLH, Nov 16, 2008

  3. zxcvbob

    Tony Guest

    putz = dick around with slang for dick = cock

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners