    too! The battery has lasted 10 x 1 Gig copies so far on one charge...

    Have fun !

    Alex C
    alex, May 16, 2006

  2. alex

    Bob Williams Guest

    Do you have a Link to this device?
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, May 16, 2006

  3. alex

    alex Guest

    Sure, it's
    http://www.digital-cameras.com/stor...xl-vp2260-40gb-silver---free-car-charger.html

    Thats the silver version and you can also get black.

    I haven't checked how much a 60Gig 2" HDD costs over 40Gig, but if its more
    than 40Quid, its worth getting the next model up or even the ones above that
    maybe...

    Cheers

    Alex

    alex, May 16, 2006
  4. alex

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > alex writes ...
    >
    >Just bought the Xs drive from Digital Camera Company (UK).
    > Now I can shoot in RAW on my 350D and cycle my 2xSandisk
    >1Gig cards using this and not worry about running out. Useful
    >for weddings, honeymoons etc

    Just a warning, these have relatively low reliability compared to CF
    cards so I always carry at least two of them (different brands -
    Wolverine and Epson P-4000 - but the same concept as what you own) and
    I never erase the CF card until I have copies on two other drives (or a
    laptop and one portable HD). Like any other spinning hard drive they
    will fail sooner or later ...

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, May 16, 2006