    Also, are Sandisc and Lexar (cheaper) just as good as Sony?

    I would appreciate any advice.

    Cheers

    Sara, Oct 6, 2003

  2. Sara

    Stewy Guest

    "Sara" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    > I have recently bought a Sony DSC-p10 and wondering which memory stick
    > to go for. I was considering either 128mb or 256mb but notice there
    > are various versions including MSA, MSH, Magicgate. Is it worth
    > paying the extra for Magicgate for its faster download times (and is
    > this the only real extra functionality for a digital camera that
    > Magicgate offers?)
    >
    > Also, are Sandisc and Lexar (cheaper) just as good as Sony?

    Buy the cheapest. Sony suggest using their own, but I have had no problems
    with Sandisc or Lexar. Magicgate is used mainly with movie cameras and is
    not worth the extra cost for a still camera. As for size, how much cheaper
    is a 256 compared to two 128's? These memory sticks are pretty small and
    losing a 256 will cause more angst than a 128. I travel with 3 128's, 2 64's
    and a 32mb. (I have an old S70 which won't accept the memory stick pro)

    Stewy, Oct 6, 2003