    together a presentation and your using xp, when you put the stick in a
    linux machine, will the linux machine bring up a presentaion using
    impress, created in windows ?
    Troglodyte, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Troglodyte

    theseus Guest

    Troglodyte wrote:
    > Bought a memory stick. A Pen drive 128 meg. But Im confused. Okay,
    > it will work on both linux and windows. If you are using impress to
    > put together a presentation and your using xp, when you put the stick
    > in a linux machine, will the linux machine bring up a presentaion
    > using impress, created in windows ?

    Its a DOS filesystem which both operating systems understand, and the
    OpenOffice files are the same so it should work.
    It works on my network shared drives
    theseus, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Troglodyte

    Troglodyte Guest

    theseus wrote:

    > Troglodyte wrote:
    >
    >>Bought a memory stick. A Pen drive 128 meg. But Im confused. Okay,
    >>it will work on both linux and windows. If you are using impress to
    >>put together a presentation and your using xp, when you put the stick
    >>in a linux machine, will the linux machine bring up a presentaion
    >>using impress, created in windows ?

    > Its a DOS filesystem which both operating systems understand, and the
    > OpenOffice files are the same so it should work.
    > It works on my network shared drives

    oooooooooo theres that word again. SHOULD! Always implies an element
    of doubt. but then, we're talkin computers here huh. lol

    thanks man
    Troglodyte, Sep 1, 2004
  4. Troglodyte

    theseus Guest

    Troglodyte wrote:
    > theseus wrote:
    >
    >> Troglodyte wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bought a memory stick. A Pen drive 128 meg. But Im confused. Okay,
    >>> it will work on both linux and windows. If you are using impress to
    >>> put together a presentation and your using xp, when you put the
    >>> stick in a linux machine, will the linux machine bring up a
    >>> presentaion using impress, created in windows ?

    >> Its a DOS filesystem which both operating systems understand, and the
    >> OpenOffice files are the same so it should work.
    >> It works on my network shared drives
    >>

    > oooooooooo theres that word again. SHOULD! Always implies an
    > element of doubt. but then, we're talkin computers here huh. lol
    >
    > thanks man

    Ain't that a fact
    I haven't tried it on that media, but current distros and hardware are
    designed to do it.
    It
    theseus, Sep 1, 2004
  5. Troglodyte

    Peter Guest

    Troglodyte wrote:
    > Bought a memory stick. A Pen drive 128 meg. But Im confused. Okay, it
    > will work on both linux and windows. If you are using impress to put
    > together a presentation and your using xp, when you put the stick in a
    > linux machine, will the linux machine bring up a presentaion using
    > impress, created in windows ?

    I've used a memory stick to transfer OOo presentation files between Linux
    and Windos boxes, and it worked fine. Also documents and spreadsheets.

    HTH

    Peter
    Peter, Sep 2, 2004