    back out?

    Scared,

    Luk

    luk, Sep 15, 2006

  2. luk

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    luk <> wrote:

    > Boy am I confused! Along with my new camera
    > came a SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo. There are
    > two parts, a memory stick and an adapter. I
    > already have an ImageMate 5 in One Reader, which
    > I have been happily using to read SD cards.
    >
    > Am I supposed to use the same 5 in 1 Reader with
    > my Memory Stick Duo Pro? Do I put the stick
    > in the adapter and then jam the adapter into
    > the 5 in one reader? Will I be able to get it
    > back out?

    Does the 5 in 1 reader accept memory sticks? If you're so scared of
    using it why not buy a card reader exclusively for memory sticks?

    Stewy, Sep 15, 2006

  3. luk

    irwell Guest

    On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:32:36 -0400, luk <>
    wrote:

    >Boy am I confused! Along with my new camera
    >came a SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo. There are
    >two parts, a memory stick and an adapter. I
    >already have an ImageMate 5 in One Reader, which
    >I have been happily using to read SD cards.
    >
    >Am I supposed to use the same 5 in 1 Reader with
    >my Memory Stick Duo Pro? Do I put the stick
    >in the adapter and then jam the adapter into
    >the 5 in one reader? Will I be able to get it
    >back out?
    >
    >Scared,
    >
    >Luk

    The way I do it, is to insert the adapter into the
    card reader's Memory Stick slot, then insert (not
    jam) the Duo Pro into the adapter.
    Reverse the procedure for extracting the
    Memory Stick.

    irwell, Sep 15, 2006
  4. luk

    luk Guest

    Luk wrote:
    >>Boy am I confused! Along with my new camera
    >>came a SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo. There are
    >>two parts, a memory stick and an adapter. I
    >>already have an ImageMate 5 in One Reader, which
    >>I have been happily using to read SD cards.
    >>
    >>Am I supposed to use the same 5 in 1 Reader with
    >>my Memory Stick Duo Pro? Do I put the stick
    >>in the adapter and then jam the adapter into
    >>the 5 in one reader? Will I be able to get it
    >>back out?

    Stewy responded:
    > Does the 5 in 1 reader accept memory sticks? If you're so scared of
    > using it why not buy a card reader exclusively for memory sticks?

    The card reader is this one:
    http://www.sandisk.com/Products/ProductInfo.aspx?ID=1151
    Which states:
    The ImageMate 5-in-1 Reader/Writer accepts
    the following memory types:

    1. SD™ Card
    2. MultiMediaCard™
    3. Memory Stick™
    4. Memory Stick PRO™
    5. xD™

    What I *don't* see is that it accepts the
    Memory Stick "Pro Duo", which is what
    I have. Sales people around
    town are telling me there's no problem,
    and that the "adapter" makes it work.

    But I've got a feeling it's the wrong
    thing to do.

    My plan, therefore, is to hold off and order
    one that specifically states it accepts the
    Memory Stick Pro Duo.

    - However, I thought someone in this NG might
    post that they use the combination routinely
    with no ill effects.

    Luk

    luk, Sep 15, 2006
  5. luk

    luk Guest

    irwell wrote:
    > The way I do it, is to insert the adapter into the
    > card reader's Memory Stick slot, then insert (not
    > jam) the Duo Pro into the adapter.
    > Reverse the procedure for extracting the
    > Memory Stick.

    Two questions: How did you know which
    way the adapter should face when going into
    the reader?

    And - Does the adapter come back out easily,
    or do you just leave it in?

    Luk

    luk, Sep 15, 2006
  6. luk

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    luk <> wrote:

    > Luk wrote:
    > >>Boy am I confused! Along with my new camera
    > >>came a SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo. There are
    > >>two parts, a memory stick and an adapter. I
    > >>already have an ImageMate 5 in One Reader, which
    > >>I have been happily using to read SD cards.
    > >>
    > >>Am I supposed to use the same 5 in 1 Reader with
    > >>my Memory Stick Duo Pro? Do I put the stick
    > >>in the adapter and then jam the adapter into
    > >>the 5 in one reader? Will I be able to get it
    > >>back out?

    > Stewy responded:
    > > Does the 5 in 1 reader accept memory sticks? If you're so scared of
    > > using it why not buy a card reader exclusively for memory sticks?

    > The card reader is this one:
    > http://www.sandisk.com/Products/ProductInfo.aspx?ID=1151
    > Which states:
    > The ImageMate 5-in-1 Reader/Writer accepts
    > the following memory types:
    >
    > 1. SD Card
    > 2. MultiMediaCard
    > 3. Memory Stick
    > 4. Memory Stick PRO
    > 5. xD
    >
    > What I *don't* see is that it accepts the
    > Memory Stick "Pro Duo", which is what
    > I have. Sales people around
    > town are telling me there's no problem,
    > and that the "adapter" makes it work.

    They're correct. I have a similar card reader. I never remember which
    way the adaptor goes in, but one way works, the other doesn't.

    Shawn Hirn, Sep 15, 2006
  7. luk

    irwell Guest

    On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:31:05 -0400, luk <>
    wrote:

    >Luk wrote:
    >>>Boy am I confused! Along with my new camera
    >>>came a SanDisk Memory Stick Pro Duo. There are
    >>>two parts, a memory stick and an adapter. I
    >>>already have an ImageMate 5 in One Reader, which
    >>>I have been happily using to read SD cards.
    >>>
    >>>Am I supposed to use the same 5 in 1 Reader with
    >>>my Memory Stick Duo Pro? Do I put the stick
    >>>in the adapter and then jam the adapter into
    >>>the 5 in one reader? Will I be able to get it
    >>>back out?

    >irwell wrote:
    >> The way I do it, is to insert the adapter into the
    >> card reader's Memory Stick slot, then insert (not
    >> jam) the Duo Pro into the adapter.
    >> Reverse the procedure for extracting the
    >> Memory Stick.

    >Two questions: How did you know which
    >way the adapter should face when going into
    >the reader?

    The terminal side of the aadapter is down
    when inserted in the reader, the terminal side is
    the one with the bright metallic strips, in other
    words the side that has the Sony logo on it is
    facing up.

    >And - Does the adapter come back out easily,
    >or do you just leave it in?

    It comes out easily, I take it out to remove the
    actual Pro Duo card, this can be a bit tricky as
    there is not much to hold onto on the actual card
    itself, I tend to turn the assembly over and grip
    the Pro Duo card with thumb and finger.
    I leave the adpater in the reader.

    irwell, Sep 15, 2006
  8. luk