Memory Space

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by munkegreen, Nov 19, 2008.

1. munkegreen

munkegreen

First off the bat, I'd like to admit that I'm a girl and though I can find my way around on the puter very well, I still consider myself a medium-ish level computer user. Please don't insult me because of these factors, I can't help who I am and what I know.

Now that that's out of the way! At work I have an old IBM computer with Windows 2000 that runs slower than slow. Even after using a registry cleaner and Disk Cleanup, it still was slow. I was going to defrag the hard drive, but the problem is that there's no memory left(I managed to clear out enough to go from 0% to 2%), and so I can't run it. It needs 15% to run.

The bigger problem is that the memory is being taken up by Windows 2000 hotfixes. I've tried to research it using sites found on Google, but most of it I don't understand. I do know that they're security fixes or something of the sort. My question to y'all is, is there any that I can remove, or any way to clear out more space? Or make more? Or is there another way to make the system run faster?

Thanks for your help!

munkegreen, Nov 19, 2008
    1. Advertising