    bios and windows updates WIN xp pro sp2 64bit.
    Any ideas?
    Thank in advance Dimitris.

    DimiOrla, Oct 13, 2008

  2. 1.) Check for updated BIOS from Asus.
    2.) Try it with only 4GB - could be a memory compatibility issue
    3.) Disable autoreboot so you can see what error message is thrown.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 13, 2008

  3. Ensure you are using Qualified Vendor List (QVL) memory and
    ensure that all 4 sticks are of the same manufacture and
    specs. Matched the memory is usually very critical for the
    system to be capable of functioning properly.

    Also, contact Asus Tech Support or go to their Support
    Forums. You have a hardware problem that you must resolve
    before you can worry about Windows working!

    Bobby Johnson, Oct 13, 2008
  4. DimiOrla

    Carlos Guest

    ASUS forum for this board might also be useful.
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5B-VM&board_id=1
    There are some threads related to > 4GB memory.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Oct 13, 2008