    after your computer is turned off? I think everything is lost in ram memory
    when you turn off your computer isn't it? Thanks.
    William
    William, Jul 31, 2008

  2. William

    Paul Guest

    William wrote:
    > Can a virus infect a memory dim chip and still be present and remain there
    > after your computer is turned off? I think everything is lost in ram memory
    > when you turn off your computer isn't it? Thanks.
    > William

    RAM is volatile storage. When the power is gone, the contents are lost.
    If you pull the plug on the computer, then you know the RAM is
    empty. But there are all sorts of other non-volatile storage
    devices in the computer - ones that don't lose their contents
    when the computer is unplugged.

    Paul
    Paul, Jul 31, 2008

  3. William

    William Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message news:g6sqts$lak$...
    > William wrote:
    >> Can a virus infect a memory dim chip and still be present and remain
    >> there after your computer is turned off? I think everything is lost in
    >> ram memory when you turn off your computer isn't it? Thanks.
    >> William

    > RAM is volatile storage. When the power is gone, the contents are lost.
    > If you pull the plug on the computer, then you know the RAM is
    > empty. But there are all sorts of other non-volatile storage
    > devices in the computer - ones that don't lose their contents
    > when the computer is unplugged.
    >
    > Paul

    Thanks Paul. I thought that was how it is.
    William

    William, Jul 31, 2008