Memory problem.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by kheft, Aug 3, 2007.

1. kheft

kheft

I have a MSI MS-6787(P4MAM-L). I have had this board for most likely the better part of 2 years or so. It ran perfect with my p4 1.8Ghz and then I ran two sticks of ram. One 1gig and one 256. This setup ran perfectly until my processor (4yrs old) finally got a little bit too hot the other day. ..So I ordered a new 2.4Ghz processor and replaced it. That works perfectly, but now I have run into more problems. First of all it now is only detecting 512mB of ram off of the 1gig and it is not even reading the 256. I never changed anything but the processor. Then I seem to have a extreme issue with my onboard graphics card because it claims it does not have the resources to run, so the windows is on basic display settings and chugs and struggles to even boot-up. It used to take about 1minute when I rebooted from start to finish. Now it takes close to 10 for it to load processes. Does anybody have any input? I swear that when I first got my ram I had the same troubles and there was a setting that I had to change in my BIOS, and I cleared my BIOS while diagnosing my dead CPU, so this setting would have been lost. I just can not remember this at all. I've searched everywhere and just can not find a solution. Most of the time the RAM is not compatible, yet this setup worked before. This happens regardless of the position of the ram.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
    kheft, Aug 3, 2007
    1. Advertising

2. kheft

kheft

It had something to do with my PCI cards. I removed my networking card and the damn computer counted all of memory and booted up just fine. So I am not sure if it was the card or I just did not install it all of the way. I am too lazy at the moment to figure that out. Thank you anyway.

kheft, Aug 3, 2007
    1. Advertising