    Shawn Guest

    Is it just me or does it seem like desktop memory prices have increased
    over the last couple of years while other computer parts became cheaper?

    Shawn, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Shawn

    Wizard Guest

    Ram is a commodity that changes daily in price. It has always been that
    way.

    Wizard, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Shawn

    Michael-NC Guest

    It's just you. You could still get decent ram for 49.99 for 512MB modules
    after rebate. I just got a 256 Kingston VR PC2700 module for 24.99 after
    rebate. It doesn't get much cheaper than that unless you go generic and that
    is extremely unadvisable.

    Michael-NC, Apr 11, 2004
  4. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Here (western Canada) prices of memory have increased significantly compared to
    the previous year. For example these are the prices of Infineon PC2700 512mb
    from the same local store:
    $79 (03May29) [~us$57]
    $115 (03Sep15) [~us$84]
    $145 (04Apr12) [~us$108]
    All local stores have similar price trends.

    If anyone knows a good source for cheap RAM in Canada please inform, thanks.

    Shawn, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Shawn

    Michael-NC Guest

    Dude, you're in Canaduh, what do you expect?

    Michael-NC, Apr 12, 2004
  6. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    Computer prices in Canada are usually not much different from the States, that's
    why I noticed these strange memory prices.

    Shawn, Apr 15, 2004