    512 in one slot and a 128 in another? I have two 128 sticks now and need
    to get some more.

    What is the best practice for upgrading memory?

    Brian Merlini, Feb 19, 2005

  2. Brian Merlini

    James Guest

    "Brian Merlini" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Can I plug different sized sticks of memory in each slot? For example a
    > 512 in one slot and a 128 in another? I have two 128 sticks now and need
    > to get some more.
    >
    > What is the best practice for upgrading memory?

    depends on what RAM we are talking about - If it's SDRAM then yes you can

    James, Feb 19, 2005

  3. Brian Merlini

    > Can I plug different sized sticks of memory in each slot? For example a
    > 512 in one slot and a 128 in another? I have two 128 sticks now and need
    > to get some more.
    >
    > What is the best practice for upgrading memory?

    Sorry - it also depends on your motherboard allowance - check you mobo
    manual

    James, Feb 19, 2005
  4. Brian Merlini wrote:

    > Can I plug different sized sticks of memory in each slot? For example a
    > 512 in one slot and a 128 in another? I have two 128 sticks now and need
    > to get some more.
    >
    > What is the best practice for upgrading memory?

    It's not changed since yesterday when you posted this.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 19, 2005
  5. Brian Merlini wrote:

    > Can I plug different sized sticks of memory in each slot? For example a
    > 512 in one slot and a 128 in another? I have two 128 sticks now and need
    > to get some more.

    > What is the best practice for upgrading memory?

    42.

    Well, since you're apparently not competent enough to read the replies
    you got when you posted this question a day or two ago, that's as good an
    answer as any, innit?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 19, 2005