    Right now I'm suing the PCI nic card for my connection. Is it slower
    than using the onboard ethernet port?

    Thanks for any help that you can give to me.
    John, Nov 9, 2007

  2. John

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 20:28:17 GMT, John <>
    wrote:

    >I have purchased a older motherboard and it came with 1 gig of PC2100
    >memory. I have 1 gig of PC2700 memory. The PC2100 has 3 sticks 2 x 256
    >and 1 x 512. My PC2700 is also the same.
    >

    >I put my 512 PC2700 in with the PC2100 for 1.25 gigs of memeroy and of
    >course it reduces the speed to 2100. My question is would it better to
    >just put all my PC2700 into the system and have 1 gig instead of 1.25
    >gigs of memory? I'm looking for the fastes speed since my system isn't
    >quite fast enough to play my game without any lag.

    That's up to you - which is more important, 1.25 gigs at 2100 or 1 gig
    at 2700. Do you really notice a difference? If not, go with the 1256.

    >Question 2 - I have a PCI nic card and an on board ethernet port.
    >Right now I'm suing the PCI nic card for my connection. Is it slower
    >than using the onboard ethernet port?

    You aren't going to notice a difference. You have what, a 4 or 5 mbps
    connection?
    Evan Platt, Nov 9, 2007

  3. John

    MJP Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    >I have purchased a older motherboard and it came with 1 gig of PC2100
    > memory. I have 1 gig of PC2700 memory. The PC2100 has 3 sticks 2 x 256
    > and 1 x 512. My PC2700 is also the same.
    >

    > Question 2 - I have a PCI nic card and an on board ethernet port.
    > Right now I'm suing the PCI nic card for my connection. Is it slower
    > than using the onboard ethernet port?

    It is unlikely that even if you have a very old 10Mbps card as opposed to a
    10/100 or gigabit card that your connection is faster than this.

    MJP
    MJP, Nov 9, 2007