    my r.a.m. memory.any advice would be appreiciated.
    16gb out of 19gb,b unused/ 240 mb,s of ram
    john marsden
    john marsden, Jul 24, 2003

  2. john marsden

    Tech Guy Guest

    Assuming you're running WinXP .. click start / run .. type in msconfig and
    look in the start up area to see what you can uncheck .. if you want to list
    the 16 programs .. we can take a look to see what's not necessary to run at
    start up.

    --
    The Tech Guy
    Home Page
    "john marsden" <> wrote in message
    > i have 16 programs running in the set-up menu, which are apparently

    draining

    Tech Guy, Jul 24, 2003

  3. john marsden

    john marsden Guest

    sorry t.g. i am running win.98
    john m.
    john marsden, Jul 24, 2003
  4. john marsden

    °Mike° Guest

    Basic computer maintenance

    Control your startups:
    ----------------------
    StartupList
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

    Startup Monitor
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

    Startup Control Panel
    http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

    Check what's necessary and what isn't
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_all.php

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:10:23 +0100, in
    <bfoiao$b35$>
    john marsden scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 24, 2003
  5. john marsden

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:10:23 +0100, In this world we created "john
    marsden" <> wrote :

    >i have 16 programs running in the set-up menu, which are apparently draining
    >my r.a.m. memory.any advice would be appreiciated.
    >16gb out of 19gb,b unused/ 240 mb,s of ram
    > john marsden

    Try here,
    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/startup.html
    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm