    do I need? PC3200? IN addition, is it correct to assume I should buy a mobo
    that allows much OC'ing settings to get it right? Or just one with a 333 FSB
    option? Thanks a million for any advice......

    bodfish, Oct 25, 2003

  2. bodfish

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "bodfish" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I understand that I should set any memory I get to 333 to sync with my
    > CPU, is this correct? So........being something of a novice, WHICH
    > speed memory do I need? PC3200? IN addition, is it correct to assume I
    > should buy a mobo that allows much OC'ing settings to get it right? Or
    > just one with a 333 FSB option? Thanks a million for any advice......

    Overclocking settings are worthless if you don't plan on overclocking (and
    since you don't seem to be an overclocking expert, I'd suggest you not do
    it at all).

    The memory you would /need/ for 333 mhz operation is PC2700, but if the
    price difference is minimal you may as well go for PC3200 (DDR 400), as it
    is a little bit of future proofing.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 25, 2003

  3. bodfish

    Kenny Guest

    I have 2500XP Barton on an Asus A7N8X m/b. I'm using PC2700, FSB at 166MHz
    to give 333MHz. Many people have o/c'd the 2500XP to equivalent of 3200MHz
    but for that you'll need PC3200 RAM and more cooling.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Oct 25, 2003
  4. bodfish

    Frederick Guest

    You should use PC2700(333) the front side bus on the 2500XP is 333
    Good Luck

    Frederick, Oct 25, 2003
  5. bodfish

    bodfish Guest

    DeMoN LaG <n@a> wrote in message news:Xns941EE08934C5DWobbly@216.168.3.30...
    > Overclocking settings are worthless if you don't plan on overclocking (and
    > since you don't seem to be an overclocking expert, I'd suggest you not do
    > it at all).

    Right! I am no expert. Perhaps a few tips on what I should do would be ok??
    My question is still valid, however, as I would like opinions on which mem
    and mobo would be the best bang for the buck? Thanks for the input, however.

    bodfish

    bodfish, Oct 27, 2003
  6. bodfish

    Mark Guest

    OK. Stupid question time.

    What if you only use PC2100 with the 2500+ 333FSB?

    Mark, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Then you're overclocking the memory. Memory speeds are just ratings-like
    the speed rating on car tires. They don't control how fast the memory
    runs, they just tell you how fast it's *safe* to run it. Maybe it will
    go faster, and maybe it won't.

    Calvin Crumrine, Oct 27, 2003
  8. bodfish

    derek / nul Guest

    You will have to underclock to 266

    derek / nul, Oct 27, 2003
  9. To be really clear on this, it's the FSB you'll probably need to underclock.

    Calvin Crumrine, Oct 27, 2003