    hours. I have formatted and changed evrything including CPU and above
    specifications , even the case and power supply. I still get a
    physical dump memory. All help will be appreciated.

    John Bahran, Nov 23, 2004

  2. John Bahran

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Bad or incompatible RAM.

    pcbutts1, Nov 23, 2004

  3. John Bahran

    NBN Guest

    Bad Ram.

    NBN, Nov 23, 2004
  4. Blinky the Shark, Nov 23, 2004
  5. John Bahran

    Ron Martell Guest

    (John Bahran) wrote:

    >I have a P4 computer with MSI motherboard, 3.8 Ghz with 512M. It has a
    >P4 fan and it runs XP pro. I get a physical dump memory after a few
    >hours. I have formatted and changed evrything including CPU and above
    >specifications , even the case and power supply. I still get a
    >physical dump memory. All help will be appreciated.

    Open Control Panel - System - Advanced and click on the Settings
    button in the Startup and Recovery (bottom) section.

    In the Startup and Recovery window make certain that the checkbox for
    "automatically restart" is cleared then click on Apply and OK as
    needed to exit. Note that you can also reconfigure or turn off the
    memory dumps in this same window.

    If the automatic restart was previously selected then this should put
    an end to the memory dumps and reboots. However they may be replaced
    by "Blue Screen Of Death" STOP errors and the computer may then halt,
    requiring a manual power off and restart. If this does happen then
    the contents of the STOP error message including all of the parameters
    will be a direct clue as to the underlying cause of your problem.

    Another thing you could do is to right-click on My Computer and select
    Manage. Expand the Event Viewer category to show the 3 subcategories.
    Browse through each of the subcategories to locate red-flagged error
    records whose date and time stamps correspond to your memory dumps.
    Double click on an error record to see the details of that error.

    Post the details of the error messages back here if you require
    further assistance with these.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Nov 23, 2004
  6. John Bahran

    Jerry G. Guest

    I have had this sort of trouble from RAM that is not properly matched, or is
    bad.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Nov 23, 2004
  7. John Bahran

    Pennywise Guest

    On 22 Nov 2004 18:17:16 -0800, (John Bahran)
    wrote:

    |>I have a P4 computer with MSI motherboard, 3.8 Ghz with 512M. It has a
    |>P4 fan and it runs XP pro. I get a physical dump memory after a few
    |>hours. I have formatted and changed evrything including CPU and above
    |>specifications , even the case and power supply. I still get a
    |>physical dump memory. All help will be appreciated.

    Run (WinKey+R) drwtsn32
    Read the application errors listed.

    Pennywise, Nov 23, 2004