Memory Dump

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jimbob Sweeny, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. I have built myself a computer system with Windows 2000 Professional
    with Service Pack 3.

    The system is a ECS motherboard with an AMD processor 2400 mhz; 512
    DDR Memory, new 80 gig hard drive, and 64 meg AGP Video Card.

    The problem that I am having is that I just purchased a Canon Scanner
    LIDE 30 and a Sony DVD-R\W recorder

    After about three scans I get a memory dump and I have wasted several
    DVD's and have yet gotten past 20 minutes in creating a DVD before I
    get the memory dump.

    Also if I use the computer more than two hours, I usually get a memory
    dump as well.

    I have replaced the power supply from 300 watts to 430 watts and
    increased the number of fans in the system to four including the CPU
    fan. My system sounds like a jet now but it's as cool as I can get it
    without buying an air conditioner specifically for it.

    The only thing I can see that might I might have three problems: I
    either need to buy a new motherboard, a new processor, or more memory.

    I am hoping that someone has a better idea that I haven't looked at
    yet. I have reloaded the software from scratch and that hasn't helped
    me from getting the blue screen of death either.

    Thanks for any assistance provided,

    Halsey
    Jimbob Sweeny, Dec 28, 2003

  2. Jimbob Sweeny

    John Holmes Guest

    Jimbob Sweeny came up with this:

    > I have built my

    <crap snipped>

    > sided,
    >
    > Halsey

    So, what was the error message again?

    --
    "It ain't much, if it ain't Dutch..."
    John Holmes, Dec 28, 2003

  3. Jimbob Sweeny

    °Mike° Guest

    What was the (*relevent*) information in the memory dump?

    Gathering Blue Screen Information After Memory Dump
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192463

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:24:16 -0600, in
    <>
    Jimbob Sweeny scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 28, 2003
  4. Jimbob Sweeny

    M Mullen Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:24:16 -0600, Jimbob Sweeny <> wrote:

    |> The problem that I am having is that I just purchased a Canon Scanner
    |> LIDE 30 and a Sony DVD-R\W recorder
    |>
    |> After about three scans I get a memory dump and I have wasted several
    |> DVD's and have yet gotten past 20 minutes in creating a DVD before I
    |> get the memory dump.
    |>
    |> Also if I use the computer more than two hours, I usually get a memory
    |> dump as well.

    Run eventvwr.msc and see what's listed.

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w Psychiatrists say that 1 out of 4 people are
    M Mullen, Dec 29, 2003