    natural_4u Guest

    I get a blue screen with Memory Dump in Windows 2000 then it reboots.

    Anyone has any ideas how I can stop this?
    natural_4u, Feb 27, 2004

  2. "natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    news:GHC%b.628521$ts4.34337@pd7tw3no...
    >I get a blue screen with Memory Dump in Windows 2000 then it reboots.
    >
    > Anyone has any ideas how I can stop this?

    Use the System Properties icon to disable automatic "reboot/recovery" upon
    error, record the hex value on the bluescreen, use support.microsoft.com to
    find the root cause of the problem.
    Andy Barkl [MVP], Feb 27, 2004

  3. natural_4u

    Raymond Guest

    Did you change anything before this happen? recently install a new
    software, hardware? Record the number! if the same number repeats, it could
    be your ram that has the problem. Try press the F8 key during boot to boot
    into safe mode and last known good configuration before doing more tests.

    Raymond, Feb 27, 2004
  4. natural_4u

    natural_4u Guest

    This is a fresh install of win2k with a P4 2.4GHZ
    !GB SDRAM

    natural_4u, Feb 28, 2004
  5. natural_4u

    AG Guest

    "natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    > This is a fresh install of win2k with a P4 2.4GHZ
    > !GB SDRAM

    I've read a couple of articles lately saying that some motherboards have
    problems with the 1 GB RAM sticks. If that's what you are using you might
    try going to two 512s instead. I know you don't want to hear that but it
    seems to be a continuing problem.
    AG

    AG, Mar 2, 2004
  6. natural_4u

    natural_4u Guest

    Actually I am using two 512s

    Curently I'm also using a ECS P4S5A/DX+ motherboard and a 420watt power
    supply.

    natural_4u, Mar 3, 2004
  7. natural_4u

    AG Guest

    I guess that what I'd do then is take one stick out and see if the problem
    happens again then. There is also Dr. Watson that you could run to see if
    it could diagnose where the error is coming from.

    AG

    AG, Mar 3, 2004