    it just incompatable?

    TIA

    Alex

    Alex, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Alex

    Plato Guest

    Alex wrote:

    > If I invest in a new MOBO thet runs say PC3200 DDR 400 Memory would I be
    > able to use my old PC2100 DDR 400 memory alongside or instead of. Or is
    > it just incompatable?

    In theory, it should work. But run at the slower speed, which you would
    have a hard
    time noticing anyway. The common niggle is that the new ram may not like
    to be in the
    same bed with the old ram. In other words, you new motherboard is
    capable of running
    the new ram at the higher speed, but also it allows slower sticks to
    work also.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Alex

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Alex" <> wrote in message
    > If I invest in a new MOBO thet runs say PC3200 DDR 400 Memory would I be
    > able to use my old PC2100 DDR 400 memory alongside or instead of. Or is it
    > just incompatable?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Alex

    Instead of yes, conceivably, but together hard to say. If the memory
    density of the two modules is different then, no, wouldn't work.

    Mark Mandell, Aug 31, 2005