    Andy Petro Guest

    Is 576 mg of installed memory enough for win xp, pro. I do not download
    games, music or songs.

    Andy Petro, Jan 24, 2009

  2. Andy Petro

    Helpful guy Guest

    "Andy Petro" <> wrote in message
    news:gle08n$49c$...
    > Is 576 mg of installed memory enough for win xp, pro. I do not
    > download games, music or songs.

    In my experience 512MB is more than enough for the average XP user but there
    may be circumstances when more is required. Has a skilled person examined
    your computer to determine whether or not you need more memory or whether or
    not you have many unnecessary programs running at startup?

    Helpful guy, Jan 24, 2009

  3. Andy Petro

    G. Morgan Guest

    Andy Petro wrote:

    >Is 576 mg of installed memory enough for win xp, pro.

    It is, yes.

    You will notice improved performance if you upgraded to 1GB. RAM is so cheap
    you might as well just buy a 2GB stick.

    --
    Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that,
    I'll be over here, looking through your stuff. -Jack Handey

    G. Morgan, Jan 24, 2009
  4. On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 22:00:45 -0500
    "Andy Petro" <> wrote:

    > Is 576 mg of installed memory enough for win xp, pro. I do not
    > download games, music or songs.

    576 Milligrams......That's way to small

    --
    We place two copies of PEOPLE magazine in a DARK, HUMID mobile home.
    45 minutes later CYNDI LAUPER emerges wearing a BIRD CAGE on her head!

    Sven Svensson, Jan 24, 2009
  5. On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 03:38:46 +0000 (UTC)
    G. Morgan <> wrote:

    > Andy Petro wrote:
    >
    > >Is 576 mg of installed memory enough for win xp, pro.

    > It is, yes.
    >
    > You will notice improved performance if you upgraded to 1GB.

    Not on windows. I've tried with 512 Mb to 4 Gb. No difference.

    > RAM is
    > so cheap you might as well just buy a 2GB stick.

    --
    I hope the ``Eurythmics'' practice birth control ...

    Sven Svensson, Jan 24, 2009
  6. Andy Petro wrote:

    > Is 576 mg of installed memory

    That's only a bit over half a gram. Try a gram and see if you can still
    see straight.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups -

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 24, 2009
  7. Andy Petro

    catchme Guest

    Andy Petro wrote:
    > Is 576 mg of installed memory enough for win xp, pro. I do not download
    > games, music or songs.

    i had no idea memory was sold by weight.....
    i must be of the old school, because I prefer to measure by storage
    space, as in roughly 1 Gb.

    catchme, Jan 24, 2009
  8. Andy Petro

    Andy Petro Guest

    "catchme" <> wrote in message
    > Andy Petro wrote:
    >> Is 576 mg of installed memory enough for win xp, pro. I do not
    >> download games, music or songs.

    > i had no idea memory was sold by weight.....
    > i must be of the old school, because I prefer to measure by storage space,
    > as in roughly 1 Gb.

    It is 576 megabytes. Is this enough?

    Andy Petro, Jan 24, 2009
  9. Andy Petro

    Evan Platt Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Is 576 mg of installed memory enough for win xp, pro. I do not download
    >games, music or songs.

    576 megs? How do you get that? 1 512 and 1 64?

    It doesn't matter what you 'download', it's what you do.

    Spreadsheets? Word processing? Graphics?

    512 should run a barebones XP. I'd go with 1 GB. It's dirt cheap.

    Evan Platt, Jan 24, 2009