    Don B Guest

    Is there a site that compares the write speeds for the different brand
    memory cards?
    Don B, Jan 8, 2005

  2. Do folks notice a difference in real performance? About to buy a new card
    and I can get standard pretty cheaply, but the "fast" ones are about double
    the price...is it worth it or a marketing gimmic to get me to spend more
    "new and improved"..

    Tony

    Tony van der Vooren, Jan 8, 2005

  3. Don B

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    On 08 Jan 2005 in rec.photo.digital, Tony van der Vooren wrote:

    > Do folks notice a difference in real performance? About to buy a
    > new card and I can get standard pretty cheaply, but the "fast" ones
    > are about double the price...is it worth it or a marketing gimmic to
    > get me to spend more "new and improved"..

    I got a Lexar 4x (no typo, not 40x) 1Gb card for US$50 on closeout from
    buy.com for a new D70. So far, it seems to be perfectly adequate.

    --
    Joe Makowiec
    http://makowiec.org/
    Joe Makowiec, Jan 8, 2005