    of 384, so much the better. Thanks.

    --
    Ruth, Greta, Woody & Thelma

    Ruth, Jun 12, 2005

  2. Ruth

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:40:06 -0400, Ruth wrote:

    > I recently replaced my 128 memory card with a 256. The computer is the
    > cheapest Dell Dimension 2400. I have been told two entirely different
    > answers to whether or not I can use both cards (one 128 and 1 256) or if I
    > can only use two cards with the same capacity (two 256's). Right now I just
    > have the 256 in the computer, but if I can toss back in the 128 for a total
    > of 384, so much the better. Thanks.

    Your talking about RAM chips, correct? SDRAM, DDRAM? If the two chips
    are the same type and speed they should work fine together. Try it. If
    it doesn't work you've lost nothing.
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Jun 12, 2005

  3. Ruth

    drg Guest

    I'm running a p4 with 384 megs of ram (sdram), just as you are
    contemplating. Just be sure that the larger chip goes in the #1 slot.

    DRG

    drg, Jun 12, 2005
  4. Ruth

    Ruth Guest

    Thanks JT and DRG:

    I, too, am now operating today with 384 megs and loving life!

    --
    Ruth, Greta, Woody & Thelma

    Ruth, Jun 13, 2005