  1. John  Mather

    John Mather Guest

    Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

    John Mather, Nov 9, 2006

  2. "John Mather" <> wrote in message
    news:chO4h.16951$...
    > Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

    Lexar, SanDisk, etc. are good. Shop around.

    Charles Schuler, Nov 9, 2006

  3. Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 10, 2006
  4. John  Mather

    Skip Guest

    Skip, Nov 10, 2006
  5. Skip wrote:
    > We use Sandisk, and a few Lexars. Avoid Transcend, I bought two (they were
    > cheap) and both failed on the first usage.

    Did you buy "Transcend" on eBay ? How do you know that it was not a
    low-quality fake ? Generally, Transcend is considered to be the forth
    player after Toshiba, Pana and Sandisk. E.g. Agfa rebranded Transcend
    as their own. They would not use the bad brand cards, would they ?

    =?iso-8859-1?B?bWlubmVz+HR0aQ==?=, Nov 10, 2006
  6. Charles Schuler <> wrote:

    > "John Mather" <> wrote in message
    >> Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

    > Lexar, SanDisk, etc. are good. Shop around.

    Any Lexar or Sandisk Extreme III (IV won't buy you anything in the camera, but
    should download faster in the proper reader).

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Nov 10, 2006
  7. John  Mather

    Bill Crocker Guest

    > Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

    Just about any CF card will work find in the Rebel XT. Speed becomes an
    issue when you have a high-end digital camera capable of rapid successive
    shots. The transfer speed of downloading the pictures is not as big of deal
    as some make it out to be. Start your transfer, go get a cup of coffee,
    come back your done!

    There are some super deals out there, just buy from a reputable source.

    Bill Crocker

    Bill Crocker, Nov 10, 2006
  8. John  Mather

    Skip Guest

    "minnesøtti" <> wrote in message

    > Skip wrote:
    >> We use Sandisk, and a few Lexars. Avoid Transcend, I bought two (they
    >> were
    >> cheap) and both failed on the first usage.

    > Did you buy "Transcend" on eBay ? How do you know that it was not a
    > low-quality fake ? Generally, Transcend is considered to be the forth
    > player after Toshiba, Pana and Sandisk. E.g. Agfa rebranded Transcend
    > as their own. They would not use the bad brand cards, would they ?

    Nope. I bought them both, at the same time, from Fry's, a reputable large
    box electronics retailer.
    Since a large part of our family income depends on the images we get, I
    can't trust them, and I'll never buy them again.

    --
    Skip Middleton
    www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip, Nov 10, 2006
  9. John  Mather

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <chO4h.16951$>,
    "John Mather" <> wrote:

    > Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

    Whatever is on sale.

    Shawn Hirn, Nov 12, 2006
  10. John  Mather

    Olli Guest

    John Mather wrote:
    > Which CF Card do Rebel XT users recommend?

    Sometimes I´ve read of differences in reliability of memory cards, but I
    have always bought the cheapest ones and had no problems with them (unlike
    with USB memory sticks). According to this opinion it was to be expected:
    http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/qna/8928.html

    They advertise "fast" and "ultra fast" CF cards, which does not give
    anything to me, as I dont use serial mode, where it could possibly be good.

    Olli Orkoneva

    Olli, Nov 14, 2006