    faster memory card?

    --

    Cheers _ Hunibal _

    Hunibal, Mar 8, 2005

  2. On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:21:03 -0500, "Hunibal" <>
    wrote:

    >Memory card speed
    >
    >My digital camera's recovery is very slow. Would it help if I use a newer
    >faster memory card?

    What kind of camera is it?

    Browning, Browning...
    On appuie là, et qu'est-ce qui sort
    Par le p'tit trou? Madame la Mort.
    "Browning"
    Edith Piaf

    John A. Stovall, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Hunibal

    Pete D Guest

    "Hunibal" <> wrote in message
    > Memory card speed
    >
    > My digital camera's recovery is very slow. Would it help if I use a newer
    > faster memory card?

    Possibly but only if your camera supported the faster speeds, what sort is
    it and what card are you currently using?

    Pete D, Mar 8, 2005
  4. Hunibal

    Hunibal Guest

    --

    Cheers _ Hunibal _
    "Pete D" <> wrote in message

    > "Hunibal" <> wrote in message
    >> Memory card speed
    >>
    >> My digital camera's recovery is very slow. Would it help if I use a newer
    >> faster memory card?

    > Possibly but only if your camera supported the faster speeds, what sort is
    > it and what card are you currently using?

    My camera is: Panasonic DMC-LC20

    Hunibal, Mar 8, 2005
  5. Hunibal

    Hunibal Guest

    --

    Cheers _ Hunibal _
    "John A. Stovall" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 14:21:03 -0500, "Hunibal" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Memory card speed
    >>
    >>My digital camera's recovery is very slow. Would it help if I use a newer
    >>faster memory card?

    > What kind of camera is it?

    > Browning, Browning...
    > On appuie là, et qu'est-ce qui sort
    > Par le p'tit trou? Madame la Mort.
    > "Browning"
    > Edith Piaf

    My Camrera: Panasonic DMC-LC20

    --

    Cheers _ Hunibal _

    Hunibal, Mar 8, 2005
  6. Hunibal

    Pete D Guest

    "Hunibal" <> wrote in message

    > --
    >

    > Cheers _ Hunibal _
    > "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Hunibal" <> wrote in message
    >>> Memory card speed
    >>>
    >>> My digital camera's recovery is very slow. Would it help if I use a
    >>> newer
    >>> faster memory card?

    >> Possibly but only if your camera supported the faster speeds, what sort
    >> is it and what card are you currently using?
    >>

    > My camera is: Panasonic DMC-LC20

    And what card.

    Pete D, Mar 9, 2005
  7. Hunibal

    Hunibal Guest

    --

    Cheers _ Hunibal _
    "Pete D" <> wrote in message

    > "Hunibal" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> --
    >>

    >> Cheers _ Hunibal _
    >> "Pete D" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Hunibal" <> wrote in message

    >>> Possibly but only if your camera supported the faster speeds, what sort
    >>> is it and what card are you currently using?
    >>>

    >> My camera is: Panasonic DMC-LC20

    > And what card.

    SanDisk 64 MB SD card.

    Hunibal, Mar 9, 2005
  8. ....
    > >> My camera is: Panasonic DMC-LC20

    > > And what card.
    > >

    > SanDisk 64 MB SD card.

    And what file type have you set the camera to produce? If your camera
    supports
    procuding TIFF files, and you are using the largest number of pixels (as you
    probably)
    should), the files can be quite large. In fact one may completely fill the
    camera's
    internal RAM buffer, and you may be forced to wait until the file is written
    to the
    card before you can continue.

    My experience with a Minolta S404 (4 MP) and Panasonic FZ20 (5 MP), is that
    the write time for full sized JPEGs (as opposed to TIFFs) is negligable.
    Since the
    camera's internal memory can store a number of JPEGs, unless I'm shooting
    a long burst, I effectively have no wait. If I try TIFFs, that's another
    matter entirely.

    Hope that helps.

    --
    Dan (Woj...) [dmaster](no space)[at](no space)[lucent](no space)[dot](no
    space)[com]

    Dan Wojciechowski, Mar 9, 2005
  9. Hunibal

    Patrick Boch Guest

    Your probably right...I've been shooting jpeg/fine....Now that I think about
    it------with the 5700 I shoot TIFF...The Lexar-is 1GB...40X...My others
    are -256 4X.... Will see what happens...At NEF...

    Patrick Boch, Mar 18, 2005