    Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
    from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
    could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???
    elliot, Feb 1, 2008

  2. elliot

    Guest

    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:12:43 -0500, in rec.photo.digital
    (elliot) wrote:

    >Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
    >from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
    >could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

    Sure, open put the card in the reader, open My Computer and open the
    drive associated with the card. Copy the files as you would to any
    other drive.
    , Feb 1, 2008

  3. elliot

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 11:12:43 -0500, (elliot) wrote:

    >Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
    >from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
    >could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

    Why bother? You can transfer your images to your computer and upload
    them online to Walmart, Walgreens or other stores that do processing
    and pick up the prints at the store within hours.

    The advantage to this, if you want prints from these sources, is that
    you can crop and correct the images before you upload them to the
    store.

    --

    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Feb 1, 2008
  4. (elliot) wrote:
    >Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
    >from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
    >could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

    Why not? Where do you expect a problem?

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Feb 1, 2008
  5. elliot

    ray Guest

    On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 11:12:43 -0500, elliot wrote:

    > Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read
    > from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
    > could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???

    Certainly. I've done that several times, though I use Linux instead of MS
    and my computer is not a DELL. Now, whether vista is up to it, I don't
    know.
    ray, Feb 1, 2008
  6. elliot

    measekite Guest

    Memory cards are treated like a hard disk.  You can read and write to them.

    measekite, Feb 1, 2008
  7. measekite <> wrote:
    > <head>
    > </head>
    > can read and write to them.</font><br>

    Could you please repeat what you meant to say in plain English?

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Feb 2, 2008
  8. elliot

    TH O Guest

    In article <pRNoj.10089$>,
    measekite <> wrote:

    > <head>
    > </head>
    > can read and write to them.</font><br>
    > elliot wrote:
    > type="cite">
    > <pre wrap="">Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics
    > you had read
    > from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you
    > could take them to be developed at say Walmart or???
    >

    > </pre>

    measekite, can you please not post in HTML. It's difficult to read and
    unnecessary in newsgroups.
    TH O, Feb 2, 2008
  9. elliot

    measekite Guest

    J&uuml;rgen Exner wrote:

    measekite &lt;&gt; wrote:

    &lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"&gt; &lt;html&gt; &lt;head&gt; &lt;meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"&gt; &lt;/head&gt; &lt;body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"&gt; &lt;font face="sans-serif"&gt;Memory cards are treated like a hard disk.&amp;nbsp; You can read and write to them.&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt; &lt;br&gt;

    Could you please repeat what you meant to say in plain English?

    Can you get a modern news reader running on a modern computer and come out of the past.

    jue
    measekite, Feb 3, 2008
  10. elliot

    measekite Guest

    TH O wrote:

    In article &lt;pRNoj.10089$&gt;, measekite &lt;&gt; wrote:

    &lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"&gt; &lt;html&gt; &lt;head&gt; &lt;meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"&gt; &lt;/head&gt; &lt;body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"&gt; &lt;font face="sans-serif"&gt;Memory cards are treated like a hard disk.&amp;nbsp; You can read and write to them.&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt; &lt;br&gt; elliot wrote: &lt;blockquote cite="mid:" type="cite"&gt; &lt;pre wrap=""&gt;Is it possible to use a memory card reader to transfer pics you had read from a memory card to Dell Vista computer,, back on a memory card so you could take them to be developed at say Walmart or??? &lt;/pre&gt; &lt;/blockquote&gt; &lt;/body&gt; &lt;/html&gt;

    measekite, can you please not post in HTML. It's difficult to read and unnecessary in newsgroups.

    Poster should not kling to the past.&nbsp; That is past logic.&nbsp; Today there are modern computers with high bandwidth and very few dial up modems.&nbsp; One now has the luxury of using graphics.
    measekite, Feb 3, 2008
  11. measekite <> wrote:
    > J&uuml;rgen Exner wrote:

    1. I would appreciate if you wouldn't violate my name.
    2. You are lying. I didn't write any of that junk below that you are
    attributing to me.

    > type="cite">
    > </pre>
    > <pre wrap="">&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"&gt;
    > &lt;html&gt;
    > &lt;head&gt;
    > &lt;meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"&gt;
    > &lt;/head&gt;
    > &lt;body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"&gt;
    > &lt;font face="sans-serif"&gt;Memory cards are treated like a hard disk.&amp;nbsp; You
    > can read and write to them.&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt;
    > &lt;br&gt;
    > </pre>

    [...]

    PROUD TO PLONK
    Life's too short to be trolled, spammed or get upset about lame
    posters! Make the Net a better place by ignoring those who annoy you.
    Don't be annoyed; keep your calm. Be proud to plonk.

    Never see you again

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Feb 3, 2008
  12. elliot

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <pL8pj.1847$>, measekite
    <> wrote:

    <HTML posting snipped>

    What is the useful purpose of posting in HTML?

    Get a clue!
    Mr. Strat, Feb 3, 2008
  13. elliot

    TH O Guest

    In article <>,
    J?rgen Exner <> wrote:

    > measekite <> wrote:
    > > J&uuml;rgen Exner wrote:

    > 1. I would appreciate if you wouldn't violate my name.
    > 2. You are lying. I didn't write any of that junk below that you are
    > attributing to me.

    > > type="cite">
    > > <pre wrap="">measekite <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
    > > href="mailto:">&lt;&gt;</a> wrote:
    > > </pre>
    > > <pre wrap="">&lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
    > > Transitional//EN"&gt;
    > > &lt;html&gt;
    > > &lt;head&gt;
    > > &lt;meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"
    > > http-equiv="Content-Type"&gt;
    > > &lt;/head&gt;
    > > &lt;body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"&gt;
    > > &lt;font face="sans-serif"&gt;Memory cards are treated like a hard
    > > disk.&amp;nbsp; You
    > > can read and write to them.&lt;/font&gt;&lt;br&gt;
    > > &lt;br&gt;
    > > </pre>

    > [...]
    >
    > PROUD TO PLONK
    > Life's too short to be trolled, spammed or get upset about lame
    > posters! Make the Net a better place by ignoring those who annoy you.
    > Don't be annoyed; keep your calm. Be proud to plonk.
    >
    > Never see you again
    >
    > jue

    Great idea. And measekite seems like a perfect candidate for my and
    others' filters. See ya!
    TH O, Feb 3, 2008
  14. elliot

    Ron Hunter Guest

    measekite wrote:

    > Jürgen Exner wrote:
    >> measekite <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    >>> <head>
    >>> </head>
    >>> can read and write to them.</font><br>
    >>>

    >> Could you please repeat what you meant to say in plain English?
    >>

    > Can you get a modern news reader running on a modern computer and come
    > out of the past.
    >> jue

    The newsreader he uses is his choice. Mine can handle HTML, but it
    doesn't keep the format from being inefficient. Look at the above
    message as you sent it, and see for yourself. 8 lines for formatting
    information for a single line of information. Pretty wasteful when you
    multiply that small message by thousands of servers all over the world.
    SOMEONE has to PAY for all that storage, and bandwidth!
    Ron Hunter, Feb 3, 2008
  15. Mr. Strat wrote:
    > In article <pL8pj.1847$>, measekite
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > <HTML posting snipped>
    >
    > What is the useful purpose of posting in HTML?
    >
    > Get a clue!

    May be he has a new newreader, and hasn't appreciated what was happening?
    Maybe a setting has changed? Do give the chap a chance to correct his
    mistake.

    David
    David J Taylor, Feb 3, 2008
  16. elliot

    Neil Ellwood Guest

    On Sun, 03 Feb 2008 01:26:45 +0000, measekite wrote:

    > Poster should not kling to the past.&nbsp; That is past logic.&nbsp;
    > Today there are modern computers with high bandwidth and very few dial
    > up modems.&nbsp; One now has the luxury of using graphics.<br> </body>

    Html has no place on usenet. Using it shows bad manners and discourtesy
    to the other readers. Good modern newsreaders do not use html.
    --
    Neil
    reverse ra and delete l
    Neil Ellwood, Feb 3, 2008
  17. Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    > Mine can handle HTML, but it
    >doesn't keep the format from being inefficient. Look at the above
    >message as you sent it, and see for yourself. 8 lines for formatting
    >information for a single line of information. Pretty wasteful when you
    >multiply that small message by thousands of servers all over the world.
    > SOMEONE has to PAY for all that storage, and bandwidth!

    True, but not necessarily the best argument in today's world with its
    wasteful multimedia everywhere. In that context plain HTML is almost a very
    compact format :-(

    No, the real issue is that Usenet is defined as text only from its beginning
    and people are coming here because they like it that way. If you don't like
    plain text then go someplace else.

    I don't care if measekite prefers opera or heavy metal. And he is very
    welcome to open his own heavy metal concert hall or find a place that
    already plays heavy metal. But how dare he to play heavy metal in the opera
    house and when pointed out that it's inappropriate to play heavy metal in an
    opera house to request that everyone else should adjust their taste of music
    to his preferences?

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Feb 3, 2008
  18. elliot

    Chris Savage Guest

    On 2008-02-03, David J Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder> wrote:
    > Mr. Strat wrote:
    >> In article <pL8pj.1847$>, measekite
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >> <HTML posting snipped>
    >>
    >> What is the useful purpose of posting in HTML?
    >>

    > May be he has a new newreader, and hasn't appreciated what was happening?
    > Maybe a setting has changed? Do give the chap a chance to correct his
    > mistake.

    Or maybe several people have already asked him to desist the HTML and
    his only response has been to tell them to 'upgrade' their newsreaders?

    I suspect mine is not the only killfile he just dropped into.

    --
    Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
    Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?
    Chris Savage, Feb 3, 2008
  19. elliot

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article <35fpj.766$>, David J Taylor
    <-this-bit.nor-this-bit.co.uk> wrote:

    > May be he has a new newreader, and hasn't appreciated what was happening?
    > Maybe a setting has changed? Do give the chap a chance to correct his
    > mistake.

    I've been seeing more and more HTML posts in the newsgroups during the
    past few weeks. It's not just this one guy.
    Mr. Strat, Feb 3, 2008
  20. Chris Savage wrote:
    > On 2008-02-03, David J Taylor <david-taylor@blueyonder> wrote:
    >> Mr. Strat wrote:
    >>> In article <pL8pj.1847$>,
    >>> measekite <> wrote:
    >>>

    >>> <HTML posting snipped>
    >>>
    >>> What is the useful purpose of posting in HTML?
    >>>

    >> May be he has a new newreader, and hasn't appreciated what was
    >> happening? Maybe a setting has changed? Do give the chap a chance
    >> to correct his mistake.
    >>

    > Or maybe several people have already asked him to desist the HTML and
    > his only response has been to tell them to 'upgrade' their
    > newsreaders?
    >
    > I suspect mine is not the only killfile he just dropped into.

    Oh, if that's the case, then it's unacceptable. I think my news server,
    being text-only, doesn't show me the HTML. Thanks!

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Feb 3, 2008