    delete created folders / files not in the root directory. The camera
    instructions warn about corruption if the camera power dies during transfer of
    files, but not something needed as a matter of routine.

    frederick, Oct 2, 2004

  2. frederick

    Ripping Silk Guest

    frederick wrote:

    > A couple of questions:
    >
    > Harvey Norman are currently offering SD, Compact Flash, and Memory Stick
    > "Sandisk" brand 256mb memory cards for $99 each. This seems almost too good to
    > be true - or has the backside fallen out of memory prices since I last looked?
    > Is there a catch?

    as far as CF cards go, I consider 50c/Mb a good price, less for the
    bigger cards.

    > Pauls Camera Shop's "Pro Tip of the week"is: "To prevent your card corrupting,
    > reformat it after every 3 to 4 photographic sessions". Is there a valid reason
    > for this - doesn't seem to make sense to me? The only time I have ever
    > formatted a card is when I can't be bothered navigating the camera menu to
    > delete created folders / files not in the root directory. The camera
    > instructions warn about corruption if the camera power dies during transfer of
    > files, but not something needed as a matter of routine.

    I've done hundreds of photographics sessions.. never reformatted.. never
    a prob. I use ridata cards personally.

    Ripping Silk, Oct 2, 2004

  3. frederick

    Geronimo! Guest

    On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:12:32 +1200, "frederick" <> wrote:

    >A couple of questions:
    >
    >Harvey Norman are currently offering SD, Compact Flash, and Memory Stick
    >"Sandisk" brand 256mb memory cards for $99 each. This seems almost too good to
    >be true - or has the backside fallen out of memory prices since I last looked?
    >Is there a catch?

    Yes they are overcharging..

    What a bloody ripoff only $48 here..

    Lexar 256MB Secure Digital (SD) Card $48.00

    http://www.flashcards.co.nz/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_46

    Or

    SanDisk 512MB Secure Digital (SD) Card $99.00

    Or SanDisk 256MB 18x Hi-Speed Compact Flash Card (Type I) $55.00

    SanDisk Ultra II 256MB 66x Ultra Hi-Speed Compact Flash Card (Type I)
    $84.00

    All include GST and C.C. charges, free freight if over $100..

    Geronimo!, Oct 2, 2004
  4. frederick

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:12:32 +1200, frederick wrote:

    > A couple of questions:
    >
    > Harvey Norman are currently offering SD, Compact Flash, and Memory Stick
    > "Sandisk" brand 256mb memory cards for $99 each. This seems almost too good to
    > be true - or has the backside fallen out of memory prices since I last looked?

    Maybe. The price ahs gone into a double size for the same price recently.

    Remember it is only memory and we all know that it does follow the price
    demand model very well.

    Gordon, Oct 2, 2004
  5. frederick

    frederick Guest

    "Geronimo!" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:12:32 +1200, "frederick" <> wrote:
    >
    >>A couple of questions:
    >>
    >>Harvey Norman are currently offering SD, Compact Flash, and Memory Stick
    >>"Sandisk" brand 256mb memory cards for $99 each. This seems almost too good
    >>be true - or has the backside fallen out of memory prices since I last looked?
    >>Is there a catch?

    > Yes they are overcharging..
    >

    > What a bloody ripoff only $48 here..
    >

    > Lexar 256MB Secure Digital (SD) Card $48.00
    >
    > http://www.flashcards.co.nz/catalog/index.php?cPath=24_46

    Thanks for that.
    From the occasional casual glance in retailer's windows, many still seem to be
    selling 64mb cards for around the $60 mark. I wonder if it is slow stock - or
    fishing for slow customers?

    frederick, Oct 2, 2004
  6. frederick

    Fishb8 Guest

    I bought a Viking, 256 Mb card from Amazon, 18 months ago for NZ$57. Are you
    getting a good deal, well are you punk!
    ~~~~~<*)))))><{~~~~~~~~~~<*)))))><{~~~~~~~~
    ~~~<*)))))><{~~~~~~~~~<*)))))><{~~~~~~~~<*)))))><{~~~~ ®
    Roy Price - May the Fish be with you!

    Fishb8, Oct 2, 2004
  7. It seems like Sat, 2 Oct 2004 19:12:32 +1200 was when "frederick"
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >"To prevent your card corrupting,
    >reformat it after every 3 to 4 photographic sessions"

    I've never had this problem with CF cards in Ipaqs, or a 32MB SD card
    in my H5450 now. Which reminds me, cafenet is soo cool on an Ipaq,
    just sit down to lunch, read the news on Cafenet, listen to some
    music, if a Ipaq had the HD space of an Ipod and a nicer GUI, I could
    see a star in the making.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Oct 2, 2004
  8. frederick

    thing Guest

    frederick wrote:
    > A couple of questions:
    >
    > Harvey Norman are currently offering SD, Compact Flash, and Memory Stick
    > "Sandisk" brand 256mb memory cards for $99 each. This seems almost too good to
    > be true - or has the backside fallen out of memory prices since I last looked?
    > Is there a catch?
    >
    > Pauls Camera Shop's "Pro Tip of the week"is: "To prevent your card corrupting,
    > reformat it after every 3 to 4 photographic sessions". Is there a valid reason
    > for this - doesn't seem to make sense to me? The only time I have ever
    > formatted a card is when I can't be bothered navigating the camera menu to
    > delete created folders / files not in the root directory. The camera
    > instructions warn about corruption if the camera power dies during transfer of
    > files, but not something needed as a matter of routine.

    http://www.pricespy.co.nz

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Oct 3, 2004