    now but then again, maybe that is just opinions, I dunno.

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Sseaott, Jun 29, 2004

  2. Sseaott

    ICee Guest

    Sseaott wrote:
    > I just bought a new notebook which features a built in 5 in 1 card
    > reader, it reads/writes SD, MMC, Memory Stick Pro and both types of
    > Smart Media 1 &
    > 2. I'm thinking the idea of using one of these types of media to
    > store documents, pictures, small video clips on etc would be
    > practical for me since the reader is built in, I can always keep the
    > card in it and have it with me at all times for back up purposes,
    > instead of constantly having to burn a file to a DVD disk or CDRW
    > disk which takes more time especially with the DVD disks. Basically
    > I want to do it the simpliest way. I was wondering, out of the 5
    > types of memory that I listed above that can be used with the reader,
    > is there one type of memory that I should use verses the other 4
    > types? I'm thinking the SD card is my best choice because I have
    > heard it's pretty much the best memory card that is out on the market
    > right now but then again, maybe that is just opinions, I dunno.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Here's an article explaining the difference between the different flash
    memory cards. If you plan on getting, or now have a digital camera, it
    would be a good idea to get the same type as that used in the camera.
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/flash_memory.html

    ICee, Jun 29, 2004

  3. Sseaott

    Changeling Guest

    Just a thought.

    It may become necessary to wipe the cards from time to time depending how
    you use them. Avoid reformatting the cards. Cards which get transfered
    between devices have been known to play up when they are formatted in a
    machine which is not thier parent machine.

    &

    Changeling, Jun 29, 2004