    PRO Duo which costs a third of the Sony brand? What is the difference
    between the two?

    Lori

    kayla, Dec 23, 2006

  2. kayla

    ray Guest

    On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 20:04:59 -0500, kayla wrote:

    > I have a Sony Handycam and I want to buy a larger memory card. It
    > came with a Sony Stick Duo Adaptor. Can I use a SanDisk Memory Stick
    > PRO Duo which costs a third of the Sony brand? What is the difference
    > between the two?
    >
    > Lori

    I should think the biggest difference involved would be the price.

    ray, Dec 23, 2006

  3. kayla

    kayla Guest

    Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
    the Memory Stick PRO Duo>

    kayla, Dec 23, 2006
  4. kayla

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <>,
    kayla <afwt_hotmail.com@> wrote:

    > Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
    > the Memory Stick PRO Duo>

    If "memory" serves, one's smaller than the other. Check Sony's web site
    for details.

    Shawn Hirn, Dec 23, 2006
  5. kayla <afwt_hotmail.com@> wrote:

    > Can I use a SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo which costs a third of
    > the Sony brand? What is the difference between the two?

    I have a SanDisk 1GB card which repeatedly generates errors in the
    files. It has a 5 year warranty. It is not the camera since I have
    Lexar, PNY, Dane Elec, and other SanDisk cards that work perfectly. I
    contacted SanDisk and they say, where does Sony/Minolta state that the
    SanDisk is compatible with their camera? And I say, they don't but
    SanDisk says that their disk is compatible with my camera on the SanDisk
    website compatibility chart. So, what I am saying is that apparently the
    SanDisk warranty is worthless.

    --
    Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to
    http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman

    Stephen Henning, Dec 23, 2006
  6. kayla

    kayla Guest

    So I probably would be better off to buy a Sony brand and be sure.

    Lori

    kayla, Dec 25, 2006
  7. kayla

    Guest

    I have 3 Sony ditigal cameras and 2 sony camcorders that used memory
    sticks for photos, I have used SanDisk Memory Sticks, both regualar
    and Pros and have never and I mean never had a problem. It would not
    suprise me that they come from the same factory as Sony.

    Christ, you can buy twice or more total memory for the same dollar
    value by not buying the inflated Sony name brand.

    On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 23:14:32 -0500, kayla <afwt_hotmail.com@> wrote:

    >So I probably would be better off to buy a Sony brand and be sure.
    >
    >Lori
    >

    >On Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:23:20 -0500, Stephen Henning <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>kayla <afwt_hotmail.com@> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Can I use a SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo which costs a third of
    >>> the Sony brand? What is the difference between the two?

    >>I have a SanDisk 1GB card which repeatedly generates errors in the
    >>files. It has a 5 year warranty. It is not the camera since I have
    >>Lexar, PNY, Dane Elec, and other SanDisk cards that work perfectly. I
    >>contacted SanDisk and they say, where does Sony/Minolta state that the
    >>SanDisk is compatible with their camera? And I say, they don't but
    >>SanDisk says that their disk is compatible with my camera on the SanDisk
    >>website compatibility chart. So, what I am saying is that apparently the
    >>SanDisk warranty is worthless.

    , Dec 25, 2006
  8. kayla

    Bryan Olson Guest

    Bryan Olson, Dec 26, 2006
  9. kayla

    M. Fricker Guest

    Bryan Olson <> wrote:

    > kayla wrote:
    > > Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
    > > the Memory Stick PRO Duo>

    > The Duo is a smaller form-factor.
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Stick

    Dah! Which Duo, the Pro Duo or the straight Duo?

    M. Fricker, Dec 27, 2006
  10. kayla

    Bryan Olson Guest

    M. Fricker wrote:
    > Bryan Olson <> wrote:
    >
    >> kayla wrote:
    >>> Sorry. I meant what is the difference between Memory Stick Duo and
    >>> the Memory Stick PRO Duo>

    >> The Duo is a smaller form-factor.
    >>
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Stick

    > Dah! Which Duo, the Pro Duo or the straight Duo?

    Ah, I see now, sorry. In Sony Memory-Stick speak, "Duo"
    means the smaller form factor, "Pro" means higher capacity.
    "Pro" and "Duo" are orthogonal.

    --
    --Bryan

    Bryan Olson, Dec 28, 2006