Memory card for casio ex-z750

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tam, Nov 21, 2006.

  1. Tam

    Tam Guest

    Hi,

    I've just purchased a Casio EX-Z750 and am looking at additional
    memory.

    Im looking at either a 1gb or 2gb card (prolly a 2gb) but there is a
    vast range of write speeds directly related to price.

    For instance theres a 1gb kingstone one that reads at 5mb/sec and
    writes at 1.5mb/sec. There is another kingstone card which is about
    half as expensive again but the speeds here are 8.2mb/sec read and
    7.7mb/sec write.

    Is it worth the extra money for the speed increase overall or will the
    camera operate the same regardless of the card purchased? I've looked
    at casio website and scoured the net looking for the write speed of the
    camera without any success so hopefully you bright bunch can help me
    out :)

    Regards

    Tam

    Tam, Nov 21, 2006

  2. Tam

    bmoag Guest

    My experience is that the speed of the card makes little difference in
    recording still images with this camera. The file sizes are quite large and
    video files enormous so go for the 2 gig cards.

    bmoag, Nov 21, 2006

  3. Tam

    Tam Guest

    bmoag wrote:

    > My experience is that the speed of the card makes little difference in
    > recording still images with this camera. The file sizes are quite large and
    > video files enormous so go for the 2 gig cards.

    Roger... thats what I had in mind anyhoo :) Ended up buying this
    chap...

    http://www.digiprintuk.com/inov8-ultra-high-speed-120x-secure-digital-card-2gb-p-1059.html

    There was one that was £3.49 cheaper but the one I bought writes at
    18000kb as opposed to 4000kb for the cheaper one. Thought it worth the
    extra few pounds just incase the camera can address/write to memory
    that fast (thinking movies here).

    Heres to some happy snapping ;-)

    Tam

    Tam, Nov 22, 2006
  4. On 21 Nov 2006 13:53:45 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "Tam"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I've just purchased a Casio EX-Z750 and am looking at additional
    >memory.

    I have a Sandisk II for mine still seems to take a lot longer to write in
    camera photos than either transferring it through the docking station or
    through a USB2 card reader.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Nov 22, 2006