    * Two Proliants 585 (4 way dual core Opteron processors, 8 gb RAM)

    Do I need to configure AWE? How does it work on 64bits platform?

    Thanks a lot.
    Rubens Naves, Mar 8, 2006

  2. You don't need to configura AWE - it's completely unnecessary. Your SQL
    Server should see all the memory you have available. With a 64-bit OS the
    memory is directly addressable - no tricks need to be done, and since your
    SQL is 64-bit as well, there should be no issues.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 8, 2006