Melody Light Blue CD-Rs

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Nick Smith, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. Nick  Smith

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 18:59:42 +1300, "Russell Smithies"
    <> wrote:

    >I used qutie a few of these Melody CD-Rs from Harvey Normans when they were
    >selling for $5 for 10.
    >Now I'm finding, after about 2 years that I can no longer get anything off
    >them.
    >I think it's because they're "fading" i.e. the ink on the label side is
    >very thin and you can see straight through them.
    >They've been stored correctly and not exposed to sunlight so I'm not sure
    >what's happened.
    >
    >Has anyone else experienced this or something similar??
    >
    >thanx
    >
    >Russell

    Its so Simple, Pay for Crap you get Crap, so may be you have now leaned a
    lesson..

    Go for a proper brand...

    Check the ATIP and see who makes them..

    Also try them is a New Reader..
    Nick Smith, Oct 27, 2003

  2. Nick  Smith

    T.N.O. Guest

    Nick Smith wrote:
    > Its so Simple, Pay for Crap you get Crap, so may be you have now leaned a
    > lesson..
    > Go for a proper brand...
    > Check the ATIP and see who makes them..
    > Also try them is a New Reader..

    It's so simple(removed capitalisation), if you pay(removed
    capitalisation) for crap(removed capitalisation),(added punctuation) you
    get crap(removed capitalisation), so maybe(maybe is one word, not to in
    this instance) you have learned(learned, not leaned) a lesson.(removed
    extra punctuation)
    Go for a proper brand.(removed extra punctuation)(removed extra punctuation)
    Cheack the ATIP and see who makes them.(removed extra punctuation)
    *skip to last line*
    Also,(inserted punctuation) try them as(not is) a news(removed
    capitalisation and corrected spelling) reader(removed capitalisation).

    This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
    have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is more
    easily read once corrected.
    T.N.O., Oct 27, 2003

  3. Nick  Smith

    Miche Guest

    In article <bnk3qr$11peuu$-berlin.de>,
    "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    > This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
    > have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is more
    > easily read once corrected.

    Ah, you've made one of the classic blunders -- a spelling mistook in a
    spledding flame. :)

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
    -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"
    Miche, Oct 27, 2003
  4. Nick  Smith

    Be Free Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Nick Smith wrote:

    > > Also try them is a New Reader..

    > This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
    > have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is more
    > easily read once corrected.

    That last line was always going to be a problem.

    Perhaps he may have been intending;

    "[As a suggestion, perhaps you could] also try them in a new CD drive [, as
    newer drives may offer a better success rate when it comes to reading
    marginal discs]." (?)
    Be Free, Oct 27, 2003
  5. Nick  Smith

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:51:40 +1300, Miche <> wrote:

    >In article <bnk3qr$11peuu$-berlin.de>,
    > "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >
    >> This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
    >> have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is more
    >> easily read once corrected.

    >Ah, you've made one of the classic blunders -- a spelling mistook in a
    >spledding flame. :)
    >
    >Miche

    Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..

    The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest scum
    out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there head..
    Nick Smith, Oct 27, 2003
  6. Nick  Smith

    Kookaburra Guest

    <> wrote:

    >I used qutie a few of these Melody CD-Rs from Harvey Normans when they were
    >selling for $5 for 10.
    >Now I'm finding, after about 2 years that I can no longer get anything off
    >them.
    >I think it's because they're "fading" i.e. the ink on the label side is
    >very thin and you can see straight through them.
    >They've been stored correctly and not exposed to sunlight so I'm not sure
    >what's happened.
    >
    >Has anyone else experienced this or something similar??
    >
    >thanx
    >
    >Russell

    Someone posted a link in nz.comp a couple of months back that had an
    article about CD-Recordable discs unreadable in less than two years.

    There's a bit here

    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7751

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Oct 27, 2003
  7. Nick  Smith

    T.N.O. Guest

    Nick Smith wrote:
    > Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..

    Roger, I do not think that I am god, I do however know that if you take
    the time to check your spelling and grammar, and even take a little
    advice from others, that you tend to not have everyone hating you.

    > The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest scum
    > out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there head..

    Who refers to "the ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar" as the
    "lowest scum" I havent seen this anywhere, and a quick google doesn't
    find it.
    T.N.O., Oct 27, 2003
  8. Nick  Smith

    Be Free Guest

    "Nick Smith" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:51:40 +1300, Miche <> wrote:
    >
    > Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..
    >
    > The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest

    scum
    > out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there

    head..

    Actually Woger, he was doing other people a favour.

    Oftentimes it is extremely difficult to make out what you are actually
    saying, due to the disjointed nature of a number of your posts.

    You may know what you are referring to when you type your messages, but it
    would be very helpful if you made an attempt to make it clearer for other
    people as well.

    There's no harm in someone offering some friendly correction, unless you
    despise correction as a result of conceit.
    Be Free, Oct 27, 2003
  9. Nick  Smith

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:46:13 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >Nick Smith wrote:
    >> Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..

    >Roger, I do not think that I am god, I do however know that if you take
    >the time to check your spelling and grammar, and even take a little
    >advice from others, that you tend to not have everyone hating you.
    >
    >> The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest scum
    >> out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there head..

    >Who refers to "the ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar" as the
    >"lowest scum" I havent seen this anywhere, and a quick google doesn't
    >find it.

    Its well know in the Usenet community that People that pick on Spelling and
    Grammar are not very nice people, do you wish to fit that bill?

    Their is no way on earth that your ratings are going to improve my Grammar or
    Spelling as that was a subject that I failed at school big time and I have now
    just turned 65, so I am a bit old in the tooth to change..
    Nick Smith, Oct 27, 2003
  10. Nick  Smith

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:59:28 +1300, "Be Free" <Free@be> wrote:

    >"Nick Smith" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:51:40 +1300, Miche <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..
    >>
    >> The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest

    >scum
    >> out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there

    >head..
    >
    >Actually Woger, he was doing other people a favour.
    >
    >Oftentimes it is extremely difficult to make out what you are actually
    >saying, due to the disjointed nature of a number of your posts.
    >
    >You may know what you are referring to when you type your messages, but it
    >would be very helpful if you made an attempt to make it clearer for other
    >people as well.
    >
    >There's no harm in someone offering some friendly correction, unless you
    >despise correction as a result of conceit.

    No as its well know they are the lowest of Usenet users..
    Nick Smith, Oct 27, 2003
  11. Nick  Smith

    harry Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:46:13 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > Nick Smith wrote:
    >> Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..

    > Roger, I do not think that I am god, I do however know that if you take
    > the time to check your spelling and grammar, and even take a little
    > advice from others, that you tend to not have everyone hating you.
    >
    >> The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the lowest scum
    >> out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way over there head..

    > Who refers to "the ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar" as the
    > "lowest scum" I havent seen this anywhere, and a quick google doesn't
    > find it.

    You were baiting him.
    Admit it.
    harry, Oct 27, 2003
  12. Nick  Smith

    T.N.O. Guest

    Nick Smith wrote:
    > Its well know in the Usenet community that People that pick on Spelling and
    > Grammar are not very nice people, do you wish to fit that bill?

    Roger, I wasn't picking on your spelling and grammar, only translating
    for the benefit of others.

    > Their is no way on earth that your ratings are going to improve my Grammar or
    > Spelling

    Ratings? I wasn't aware that I gave you a rating.
    T.N.O., Oct 28, 2003
  13. Nick  Smith

    T.N.O. Guest

    harry wrote:
    > You were baiting him.
    > Admit it.

    it's fun, and Im bored.
    T.N.O., Oct 28, 2003
  14. Nick  Smith

    Nick Smith Guest

    On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:02:06 +1300, "T.N.O." <> wrote:

    >harry wrote:
    >> You were baiting him.
    >> Admit it.

    >it's fun, and Im bored.

    So why not get a Job..??
    Nick Smith, Oct 28, 2003
  15. Nick  Smith

    T.N.O. Guest

    Nick Smith wrote:
    >>>You were baiting him.
    >>>Admit it.

    >>it's fun, and Im bored.

    > So why not get a Job..??

    I have one, Im there now, I was just waiting for something, so thought
    I'd multitask.
    T.N.O., Oct 28, 2003
  16. Nick  Smith

    MarkH Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in

    > Nick Smith wrote:
    >> Its so Simple, Pay for Crap you get Crap, so may be you have now
    >> leaned a lesson..
    >> Go for a proper brand...
    >> Check the ATIP and see who makes them..
    >> Also try them is a New Reader..

    > It's so simple(removed capitalisation), if you pay(removed
    > capitalisation) for crap(removed capitalisation),(added punctuation)
    > you get crap(removed capitalisation), so maybe(maybe is one word, not
    > to in this instance) you have learned(learned, not leaned) a

    ^^^^^^ That should be two not to.

    > lesson.(removed extra punctuation)
    > Go for a proper brand.(removed extra punctuation)(removed extra
    > punctuation) Cheack the ATIP and see who makes them.(removed extra

    You seem to have replaced Check with cheack.

    > punctuation) *skip to last line*
    > Also,(inserted punctuation) try them as(not is) a news(removed
    > capitalisation and corrected spelling) reader(removed capitalisation).
    >
    > This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt I
    > have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is
    > more easily read once corrected.

    Don’t you mean grammar?

    I thought the last line was trying to say:

    "Also try them in a new reader."

    As in try the unreadable disks in a new CD-ROM drive.

    People that can’t spell very well should not really be the ones to correct
    the spelling or grammar of others.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Oct 28, 2003
  17. Nick  Smith

    MarkH Guest

    Nick Smith <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:51:40 +1300, Miche <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>In article <bnk3qr$11peuu$-berlin.de>,
    >> "T.N.O." <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> This spelling and grammer lesson was bought to you by Dave, no doubt
    >>> I have missed some errors, or may have added more, but I think it is
    >>> more easily read once corrected.

    >>Ah, you've made one of the classic blunders -- a spelling mistook in a
    >>spledding flame. :)
    >>
    >>Miche

    > Na Another Net IDIOT that thinks he is GOD..
    >
    > The ones that comment on Spelling & Grammar are referred to the
    > lowest scum out, as they don't have any thing to contribute and it way
    > over there head..

    Nice sentence, you spelt grammar better than TNO, but it should be ‘over
    their head.’

    I always thought that the lowest scum out were the people that reply to a
    query with something stupid like ‘no, that’s crap’ and don’t add anything
    of value at all. The same people that make false or misleading claims that
    they can’t back up. You know, the people that resort to insulting the
    people that they are talking to (like calling them stupid teenagers). I
    think that you all know the people that I am talking about (some have a
    long list of those people in their killfiles).

    MarkH, Oct 28, 2003
  18. Nick  Smith

    T.N.O. Guest

    MarkH wrote:
    > ^^^^^^ That should be two not to.

    Correct, well done :)

    >>punctuation) Cheack the ATIP and see who makes them.(removed extra

    > You seem to have replaced Check with cheack.

    heh, yeah, I seem to do that a lot.

    > Don’t you mean grammar?

    yeah, noticed that after I had posted it, however the post was already
    free, and unable to be cancelled it seems.

    > I thought the last line was trying to say:
    > "Also try them in a new reader."
    > As in try the unreadable disks in a new CD-ROM drive.

    I see that now, but it was pretty bad.

    > People that can’t spell very well should not really be the ones to correct
    > the spelling or grammar of others.

    Thats why I put the disclaimer at the bottom, I specifically said "no
    doubt I have missed some errors, or may have added more"
    T.N.O., Oct 28, 2003
  19. Nick  Smith

    Wyn Guest

    Russell Smithies wrote:
    > I used qutie a few of these Melody CD-Rs from Harvey Normans when
    > they were selling for $5 for 10.
    > Now I'm finding, after about 2 years that I can no longer get
    > anything off them.
    > I think it's because they're "fading" i.e. the ink on the label
    > side is very thin and you can see straight through them.
    > They've been stored correctly and not exposed to sunlight so I'm not
    > sure what's happened.
    >
    > Has anyone else experienced this or something similar??
    >
    > thanx
    >
    > Russell

    Me too, but they were the platinum ones - 90% failure rate for one
    reason or another - and I wouldn't be
    surprised if that's not 100% soon

    Never again.

    Wyn
    Wyn, Oct 28, 2003
  20. Nick  Smith

    T.N.O. Guest

    Wyn wrote:

    > Russell Smithies wrote:
    >
    >>I used qutie a few of these Melody CD-Rs from Harvey Normans when
    >>they were selling for $5 for 10.
    >>Now I'm finding, after about 2 years that I can no longer get
    >>anything off them.
    >>I think it's because they're "fading" i.e. the ink on the label
    >>side is very thin and you can see straight through them.
    >>They've been stored correctly and not exposed to sunlight so I'm not
    >>sure what's happened.
    >>
    >>Has anyone else experienced this or something similar??
    >>
    >>thanx
    >>
    >>Russell

    > Me too, but they were the platinum ones - 90% failure rate for one
    > reason or another - and I wouldn't be
    > surprised if that's not 100% soon

    So you guys buy $0.50 media, and expect top quality?
    T.N.O., Oct 28, 2003