    Only worry was, the computer screens were very clearly showing that they
    were running Windows XP.

    <http://tvnz.co.nz/health-news/new-cancer-centre-ease-waiting-times-3438635>
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Mar 30, 2010

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro <_zealand> wrote in
    news:horfka$mm7$:

    > Anybody else saw this news report on the new cancer treatment facility
    > that has opened in Christchurch?
    >
    > Only worry was, the computer screens were very clearly showing that
    > they were running Windows XP.
    >
    > <http://tvnz.co.nz/health-news/new-cancer-centre-ease-waiting-times-343
    > 8635>

    It used to be Windows NT4 WS SP5 when I was backing up the machines here:
    http://www.xenon-pharma.com/
    but I quickly pushed that to SP6a.

    I wasn't happy with that but these are SINGLE PURPOSE APPLIANCES and the
    whole thing is used as a system.

    The best thing about working with the scientists was they knew better
    than to go surfing the midnight porn on the expensive machines.
    We blocked that anyways, duh.
    They are not lowest common denominator type people :)

    https://products.appliedbiosystems.com/ab/en/US/adirect/ab?cmd=catNavigate2
    &catID=600528&tab=TechSpec

    I see thay are at XP now.
    XP Embedded is all over the place now because it is a flexible and known
    platform.
    Not everyone can code QNX
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QNX
    , but I agree that more should try when they write for this kind of
    APPLIANCE style device.

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Mar 30, 2010