    Forte. I cannot play any wmv either although WMP is set as wmv default.
    Baffled????

    Thanks

    slaphappy, Dec 25, 2003

  2. slaphappy

    Ionizer Guest

    "slaphappy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Could one of you kind souls point me in the direction of a good digest
    > on "how to" assemble and play various media file formats. I have WMP
    > 9.0, Forte, RealOne and Quicktime but remain baffled about so much. I
    > see file format conflicts everywhere even though file settings seem to
    > be OK. WMP is set as default for almost everything but actually balks at
    > almost all. For example, I cannot play .avi in Forte but can save an
    > .avi file and play it in WMP even though .avi is defaulted to WMP in
    > Forte. I cannot play any wmv either although WMP is set as wmv default.
    > Baffled????
    >
    > Thanks

    WMP and RealOne both have a tendency want to be the default player for every
    file format possible. If you enable one as the default player for a
    particular format, make sure you have DISabled the other player for that
    format. You only need RealOne for playing its proprietary Real media files,
    so there's no need to have it set as default for anything else. I
    personally refuse to install any Real software at all on my system.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Dec 25, 2003