    Thanks all!

    Ray

    "The large print giveth and the small print taketh away" - Tom Waits
    itemyar, Jan 26, 2006

  2. itemyar

    socalsek Guest

    Don't waste your money on the DSM-320. Worked fine until the most
    recent firmware upgrade. Now most of the videos I have (because they
    were transcoded to SVCD) play in the wrong proportion. It constantly
    hangs mid video. The fast forward and reverse work sometimes (hit and
    miss).

    Even though they have placed a message touting the use of Nero ReEncode
    it won't recognize the files.

    Piece of crap. Wish I'd looked around a little more.

    socalsek, Jan 27, 2006

  3. itemyar

    itemyar Guest

    Thanks for your input! So, if you were to do it again, is there any
    particular model you've seen that might be better?
    itemyar, Jan 27, 2006
  4. itemyar

    __spc__ Guest

    "itemyar" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your input! So, if you were to do it again, is there any
    > particular model you've seen that might be better?

    Pinnacle Show Centre- get 'em cheap on eBay. Beware, the WiFi is a little
    flakey on the SC1000g, but I think the SC200 is much better.
    __spc__, Jan 28, 2006
  5. itemyar

    Sla#s Guest

    "itemyar" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone here use this kind of a device? What I want to do is listen to
    > MP3's on my stereo that are stored on one of my PC's! Linksys makes one
    > "WMA11b" and so does D-Link "DSM-320", the Linksys has some rather
    > negative reviews and the D-Link is a little spendy. Any opinions, or
    > suggestions about these kinds of devices?

    I have a Netgear MP101.
    The reason I bought that one was it was the cheapest! You see all the
    reviews seem to indicate that these devices are not quite there yet :) And
    after having used the MP101 for a while I agree.

    On the plus side, yes one can listen to your MP3s through your HiFi and the
    "Shuffle play" feature they all have is wonderful but...

    On the negative:
    Netgears music server on the main PC is not at all easy to use. I use the
    Twonkyvision one. But to get the playlists out of iTunes is a pain! - But
    better than having to do the whole thing twice in Netgears!
    Finding individual tracks is time consuming.
    It takes ages to switch on, find a network, find a server on the network -
    sometimes two (the same) are found and you have to chose which and then it
    has to reboot all over again.
    Oh and sometimes it either can't find and network or a server or just drops
    out.
    So my advice is - If you want to play your music from your PC right now buy
    the cheapest.
    Or if you have an iPod, get a dock and plug that in.
    On the other hand I reckon they will have sorted this technology out in a
    year or so, wireless networks will all be a lot faster 'post-n' (well lets
    hope they make their minds about the 'n' standard shortly!) which would mean
    video as well as audio. That would mean one could put all one's
    entertainment media on the main server and watch what you want, when you
    want.

    Slatts
    Sla#s, Feb 11, 2006