    I am the Homer Simpson of computers.

    Appreciated & respects as always

    Steve
    Mr Pounder, Aug 9, 2007

  2. Mr Pounder wrote:
    > Using XP pro & IE.
    >
    > My computer don't like Windows Media Player 11 too much so I have been using
    > Media Player 10.
    >
    > Media Player 10 now only appears at the bottom of the screen in the task
    > bar.
    > I cannot open it, or do anything with it.
    > This has happened before, re-downloaded & all is fine, but not this time.
    >
    > Anybody know why this is happening, or can anybody recommend an easy to use
    > Media Player?
    > I am the Homer Simpson of computers.

    Media Player Classic.
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 9, 2007

  3. Mr Pounder

    Plato Guest

    Mr Pounder wrote:

    > Using XP pro & IE.
    >
    > My computer don't like Windows Media Player 11 too much so I have been using
    > Media Player 10.

    Always use the oldest version of any software that meets your particular
    needs. Many times, the latest/greatest isn't the best for everybody just
    because a newer version is released.

    For example, I still use HotDog circa 1995 to make my web pages, and I
    still use NS 3.0 for USEnet because it does everything I want it to.
    Both are 10 year old programs, but as long as they work for what I need,
    I will continue to use them.

    I also use PKzip 2.04, a dos program, for zipping up files for download.
    No need for me to "upgrade", pkzip version 2.04 does what I need to do
    perfectly reliable in every case.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Aug 9, 2007