  1. I tried to switch to mini player but the media player toolbar is not in the
    toolbars when i right-click and go to them is there some way to fix this
    problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltb3RoeQ==?=, May 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGltb3RoeQ==?=

    Jane Colman Guest

    As Windows XP Pro x64 is actually based on Windows Server 2003 codebase,
    which is primarily a business OS, I suspect that the ability to have the
    mini player on the taskbar has been left out by design. We just have to
    live without it ;(

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane Colman, May 12, 2006

  3. No, it isn't there. The basic reason is that the mini-player is a 32-bit DLL
    (Media Player is a 32-bit application). Because it's a 32-bit DLL, it can't
    be called by a 64-bit application (Windows Explorer). And the mini-player
    hasn't been ported to 64-bit, unfortunately.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 12, 2006
  4. I doubt it was by design so much as the reality of resource constraints.
    Since it would have required porting to 64 bit, and a complete cycle of QA.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 12, 2006
  5. I agree with Charlie, time, resources, were factors that made impossible to
    include this feature, its fixed in Vista x64 though. :)
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 12, 2006