    file listed. I downloaded the lastest version of Media Player...but I
    receive the same message. Anyone have any further suggestions? I'm using
    Windows 98 SE.

    Robert Clark, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Robert Clark

    Jerry G. Guest

    I checked out my system, and there is no such file. This file must belong to
    some other program. As for the media player not working, there must have
    been something else cleaned up.

    Did you uninstall the Media Player, before re-install it again? The
    computer may have a more serious problem, than just the media player.

    You can check and correct your complete operating system installation. Shell
    to the system prompt, and type FSC. You will need the original operating
    system CD disk to be inserted in to the drive. Follow the instructions about
    how to use this utility. It will go through the complete operating system,
    and put it back to its original, but without effecting installed programs,
    unless there are other serious problems. Before using this utility, you
    should back up all your user files.

    If FSC overwrote some newer DLL versions that are required for other
    programs, you just have to re-install the effected programs.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    "Robert Clark" <> wrote in message
    I recently received a download trojan upon opening an E-mail. My Norton
    virus program identified the corrupted file as IEaccess2.dll - but could not
    fix it - so the file was deleted. Now...cannot use my Windows Media Player.
    I simply get a message "cannot connect to server." Is no longer having this
    file the problem? I checked with www.dll-files.com and they do not have this

    Jerry G., Dec 10, 2004