    message. would someone be able to help me.
    thank you,
    Susan
    Susan, Mar 23, 2010

  2. Susan

    Susan Guest

    Hi, thank you for responding. The disk is a dvd , I tried a couple of other
    DVD's music ones and got the same message which is;
    windows Media Player cannot play DVD video, you might need to adjust your
    Windows settings. Open disk display settings and try lowering your screen
    resolution and colour. I also wanted to copy that movie for myself, it
    belongs to a friend. But none of mine work either and Nero didn't work to
    copy it.
    Susan.

    Susan, Mar 23, 2010

  3. Susan

    rf Guest

    "Susan" <> wrote in message
    > I also wanted to copy

    Do you mean steal?

    rf, Mar 23, 2010
  4. Susan

    Susan Guest

    No, I don't mean steal, it's a copy anyway that doesn't belong to me.
    I was able to play a music CD in media player, seems to have trouble with
    DVD's.
    Susan.

    Susan, Mar 23, 2010
  5. Susan

    richard Guest

    www.winamp.com
    richard, Mar 23, 2010
  6. Susan

    rf Guest

    "Susan" <> wrote in message
    > No, I don't mean steal, it's a copy anyway that doesn't belong to me.

    Ah, so, if somebody makes a copy of a DVD and lends that copy to you then
    you are entirely within your rights to copy it again? Even if the original
    DVD was copyrighted? When the music starts does it say up on the screen
    "Dont priate this DVD" or something? They usually do.

    Please don't top post.
    rf, Mar 23, 2010
  7. Susan

    chuckcar Guest

    "Susan" <> wrote in

    > I am trying to play a disk in Media Player 11, it used to work but now
    > it tells me Windows cannot play the DVD and to try changing the
    > resolution and colour. I did that although never had to in the past,
    > it didn't work as same message. would someone be able to help me.
    > thank you,
    > Susan

    First we'd *have* to know the *exact* message you got. However, it
    sounds like you're having video card/monitor driver problems. Try
    changing the resolution of your screen from Display in control panel
    (the slider under the tab marked settings. If it asks to restart
    windows, that *is* the problem almost certainly.

    Have you tried playing a store bought DVD to make sure it isn't the disk
    itself?

    If you want to play a DVD *don't* open the disk with anything, just put the
    disk in the tray and close the tray and wait. It should start on its own.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 23, 2010
  8. Susan

    Jordon Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > "Susan" wrote
    >> I am trying to play a disk in Media Player 11, it used to work but now
    >> it tells me Windows cannot play the DVD and to try changing the
    >> resolution and colour. I did that although never had to in the past,
    >> it didn't work as same message. would someone be able to help me.

    > First we'd *have* to know the *exact* message you got.

    *You* should *try* reading Susans second post in this thread,
    *posted* *about* *6* *and* *a* *half* *hours* *before* *your*
    *response*.

    --
    Jordon
    Jordon, Mar 23, 2010
  9. Susan

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Susan

    This has been known to happen if you have Vista installed along with the MP 11. See
    the MS KB below
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939052/en-us
    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Mar 23, 2010
  10. Susan

    Peter Foldes Guest

    Also see the answers that you received in the XP newsgroup on the MS news server
    where you also posted

    --
    Peter

    Peter Foldes, Mar 23, 2010
  11. Susan

    chuckcar Guest

    Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in

    > chuckcar wrote:
    >> "Susan" wrote
    >>> I am trying to play a disk in Media Player 11, it used to work but
    >>> now it tells me Windows cannot play the DVD and to try changing the
    >>> resolution and colour. I did that although never had to in the past,
    >>> it didn't work as same message. would someone be able to help me.

    >> First we'd *have* to know the *exact* message you got.

    > *You* should *try* reading Susans second post in this thread,
    > *posted* *about* *6* *and* *a* *half* *hours* *before* *your*
    > *response*.

    She never said they were retail DVD's. They could very easily be other
    disks she made and tried. Eliminating any such variables is the first
    thing one does in such cases.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 24, 2010
  12. Susan wrote:
    > I am trying to play a disk in Media Player 11, it used to work but now it
    > tells me Windows cannot play the DVD and to try changing the resolution and
    > colour. I did that although never had to in the past, it didn't work as same
    > message. would someone be able to help me.
    > thank you,
    > Susan

    I've had this happen to me. VLC is a decent alternative.
    monkeywintest, Mar 24, 2010
  13. Susan

    Jordon Guest

    chuckcar wrote:
    > Jordon<jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote in
    >
    >> chuckcar wrote:
    >>> "Susan" wrote

    >>> First we'd *have* to know the *exact* message you got.

    >> *You* should *try* reading Susans second post in this thread,
    >> *posted* *about* *6* *and* *a* *half* *hours* *before* *your*
    >> *response*.

    > She never said they were retail DVD's. They could very easily be other
    > disks she made and tried. Eliminating any such variables is the first
    > thing one does in such cases.

    Just WTF does that have to do with your request for
    her to post the *exact* error message? Which she did,
    and you failed to see, over 6 hours after she posted
    it?
    Jordon, Mar 24, 2010