    played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
    selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
    Anybody.............please

    eugene, Nov 30, 2007

  2. eugene

    Rôgêr Guest

    eugene wrote:
    > Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my
    > new Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my
    > camera, they played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I
    > am told that my selected file has an extension .MOV that is not
    > recognised. Anybody.............please

    Download and install Media Player Classic. Make it your default player:
    http://tinyurl.com/jiir

    Rôgêr, Nov 30, 2007

  3. eugene

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my new
    > Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my camera, they
    > played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
    > selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
    > Anybody.............please

    Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.
    Good Luck
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

    Old Gringo, Nov 30, 2007
  4. eugene

    Rôgêr Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
    > Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    > Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >
    >> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my new
    >> Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my camera, they
    >> played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
    >> selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
    >> Anybody.............please

    > Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.

    He just needs to associate .mov files to his media player, but the
    solution I offered will give him a better player and take care of the
    association for him.

    Rôgêr, Nov 30, 2007
  5. eugene

    chuckcar Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote in

    > On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
    > Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    > Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >
    >> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with
    >> my new Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my
    >> camera, they played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so
    >> now! I am told that my selected file has an extension .MOV that is
    >> not recognised. Anybody.............please

    > Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.
    > Good Luck

    No, they are not the same type of file.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 30, 2007
  6. eugene

    chuckcar Guest

    "eugene" <> wrote in news::

    > Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with
    > my new Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my
    > camera, they played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now!
    > I am told that my selected file has an extension .MOV that is not
    > recognised. Anybody.............please

    See if you have codecs for Apple's Quicktime installed. If not, you need
    them. Mov files are apples format.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Nov 30, 2007
  7. eugene

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 08:55:16 -0500, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, Rôgêr Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
    >> Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    >> Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >>
    >>> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with my new
    >>> Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my camera, they
    >>> played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so now! I am told that my
    >>> selected file has an extension .MOV that is not recognised.
    >>> Anybody.............please

    >> Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.

    > He just needs to associate .mov files to his media player, but the
    > solution I offered will give him a better player and take care of the
    > association for him.

    I use VLC player and it will kick in where others wont.
    --
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com
    11/30/2007 8:20:38 PM CST

    Old Gringo, Dec 1, 2007
  8. eugene

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 14:44:04 -0500, Without Any Hesitation
    Or Thinking Twice, chuckcar Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote
    The Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:

    > Old Gringo <> wrote in
    >
    >> On Or About Fri, 30 Nov 2007 13:14:15 -0000, Without Any Hesitation
    >> Or Thinking Twice, eugene Stumbled Over To The Keyboard And wrote The
    >> Following In The 24hoursupport.helpdesk News Group:
    >>
    >>> Anybody able to help me again. Seems there are constant hiccups with
    >>> my new Vista. When I was using XP, if I took any movie clips with my
    >>> camera, they played automatically in Windows Media Player. Not so
    >>> now! I am told that my selected file has an extension .MOV that is
    >>> not recognised. Anybody.............please

    >> Maybe change the .Mov to .AVI ?? Just a guess.
    >> Good Luck

    > No, they are not the same type of file.

    Thanks for the info.
    --