    Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the hell
    is it doing? Non-stop.

    Thanks

    nItpIk, Apr 9, 2007

  2. nItpIk

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "nItpIk" <> wrote in message
    news:461aba4d$0$513$...
    > Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the
    > hell is it doing? Non-stop.

    Turn it off.

    Or let it play. Media is a data file. Data files are stored on the hard
    drive. In order for Media Player to play Media, Media is being read from the
    hard drive. Got it?

    WhzzKdd, Apr 9, 2007

  3. nItpIk

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:12:01 -0600, "nItpIk" <>
    wrote:

    >Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the hell
    >is it doing? Non-stop.

    Media player wants to hit skins with your hard disk.

    Go for it. Should make interesting babies.

    Evan Platt, Apr 10, 2007
  4. nItpIk

    nItpIk Guest

    Whizz as in piss off ..

    When I'm not playing anything and it is open .. it doesn't stop accessing
    the hard disk duffuss. What a bozo.

    nItpIk, Apr 10, 2007
  5. nItpIk

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "nItpIk" <> wrote in message
    > Whizz as in piss off ..
    >
    > When I'm not playing anything and it is open .. it doesn't stop accessing
    > the hard disk duffuss. What a bozo.

    No, the bozo is the person who posted the original question without fully
    explaining the problem. Piss off yourself. Or piss on yourself. The choice
    is yours.

    WhzzKdd, Apr 10, 2007
  6. nItpIk

    mac Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 16:12:01 -0600, "nItpIk" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Can I stop Media Player from constantly hitting my hard disk? What the hell
    >> is it doing? Non-stop.

    > Media player wants to hit skins with your hard disk.
    >
    > Go for it. Should make interesting babies.

    actually the o.p is correct, wmp does do this, it does it with me also
    when its idle, it is so annoying, if you download filemon you can see
    the type of access and writes its doing and as i said , its when the
    player is idle.

    i use vlc now as my primary player and nothing else , bu ti would like
    to use wmp for stuff like bluetooth remote control for when im in bed.

    mac, Apr 11, 2007