    player 9 it said error downloading codec. It will play the audio for the
    file but not the video? Is there something that I need to download to be
    able to get the video to play?

    Robert, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Robert

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 03:53:10 GMT, "Robert" <> wrote:

    >I downloaded a video file and when I tried to play it in Windows media
    >player 9 it said error downloading codec. It will play the audio for the
    >file but not the video? Is there something that I need to download to be
    >able to get the video to play?

    Codec resources and alternatives:
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm

    First, download and run "Gspot". Then use it to open the file and determine
    the codec needed. http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    DivX 3.11:
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html

    DivX 5x
    http://www.divx.com/divx/

    MPEG2 Decoder Package
    http://www.elecard.com/download/

    http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

    http://www.xvid.org/
    http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

    Nimo pack.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    FFDSHOW.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

    Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
    on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

    Compression Codecs (Huge list)
    http://dshow.narod.ru/

    Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and
    audio codecs.
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

    ACE Mega Codec Pack Professional Edition has practically every codec you
    need or ever wanted.
    http://www.click-now.net/downloads.htm

    http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

    Audio Codecs Resources