    I'm not sure whats causing this - is there anything I can do?

    Thanks

    (using Win 2k)

    Rick, Sep 25, 2004

  2. Rick

    Ionizer Guest

    "Rick" <x@ y.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Media Player 9 often gives an error message when I attempt to play
    > downloaded mpgs and other files;
    >
    > "Media Player had encountered a problem and will now shut down ...". It
    > them restarts and goes into 'battery randomization'.
    >
    > This only happens sometimes. It also seems to happen when I try to play
    > mpgs that worked on my earlier version of Media Player. I've tried
    > reinstalling.
    >
    > I'm not sure whats causing this - is there anything I can do?

    Troubleshooting Windows Media Player Error Messages:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx

    WMP Mini-FAQ: http://www.nwlink.com/~zachd/pss/pss.html#wmp9

    The series 10 version of WMP seems to be causing even more troubles from
    what I've seen in related newsgroups, so you may want to avoid that
    option...

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Sep 25, 2004

  3. Rick

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 13:37:56 -0400, "Rick" <x@ y.com> wrote:

    >Media Player 9 often gives an error message when I attempt to play
    >downloaded mpgs and other files;
    >
    >"Media Player had encountered a problem and will now shut down ...". It
    >them restarts and goes into 'battery randomization'.
    >
    >This only happens sometimes. It also seems to happen when I try to play
    >mpgs that worked on my earlier version of Media Player. I've tried
    >reinstalling.
    >
    >I'm not sure whats causing this - is there anything I can do?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >(using Win 2k)

    Download version 10.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/en/download/default.asp