    Any help appreciated. Thanks.

    Using W2k, Mplayer 9,00,00 (no updates avail), PII 400 Mhz, about 390 Mb
    RAM, Radeon 7000 Video card.

    Rick, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Rick

    Barman Guest

    "Rick" <x@ y.com> wrote in message news:...
    > When I try to play some .mpgs, Media Player 9.00.00 doesn't start up and
    > instead I get a windows error message ;
    > "Explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows ...
    > ... You will have to restart the program - an error log is being
    > created".
    > Windows explorer then shuts down.
    > This happens with only some (not all) .mpgs (about 1/5th of them) and its
    > always the same ones.
    > However I think I could play some of those videos before.
    > Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Using W2k, Mplayer 9,00,00 (no updates avail), PII 400 Mhz, about 390 Mb
    > RAM, Radeon 7000 Video card.

    The error log basic details will actually be a clue!
    Noted you are running an ancient and by todays standard - below par PC
    with Win2000. Without details it could be anything from conflicts through
    codecs, defects, etc etc

    Barman, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Rick

    old jon Guest

    "Rick" <x@ y.com> wrote in message news:...
    > When I try to play some .mpgs, Media Player 9.00.00 doesn't start up and
    > instead I get a windows error message ;
    > "Explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows ...
    > ... You will have to restart the program - an error log is being
    > created".
    > Windows explorer then shuts down.
    > This happens with only some (not all) .mpgs (about 1/5th of them) and its
    > always the same ones.
    > However I think I could play some of those videos before.
    > Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Using W2k, Mplayer 9,00,00 (no updates avail), PII 400 Mhz, about 390 Mb
    > RAM, Radeon 7000 Video card.

    I second barman, read the error logs, or post them here..J

    old jon, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Rick

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Rick" wrote in message news:

    > When I try to play some .mpgs, Media Player 9.00.00 doesn't start up
    > and instead I get a windows error message ;
    > "Explorer exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows ...
    > ... You will have to restart the program - an error log is being
    > created".
    > Windows explorer then shuts down.
    > This happens with only some (not all) .mpgs (about 1/5th of them) and
    > its always the same ones.

    If the fault is specific to the files being used have you considered those
    files might be the fault rather than the player itself, i.e. a corrupt data
    file is causing the player to error. Have you tried playing the 'faulty'
    files on another PC to prove if the issue is with the data files?

    > However I think I could play some of those videos before.
    > Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    >
    > Using W2k, Mplayer 9,00,00 (no updates avail), PII 400 Mhz, about 390 Mb
    > RAM, Radeon 7000 Video card.

    If you prove it's the player rather than the music files, how about Windows
    Media Player 10
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.aspx

    Dave Lear, Jun 11, 2005