    There is no download available for this operating system. To get
    Windows Media Player 10, please go to Windows Update and install Windows
    Server 2003 SP1 or later.

    John Barnes, May 17, 2006

  2. John Barnes

    Jane Colman Guest

    It's more than likely that the website is in error.....I've seen some really
    bad website coding ie not recognising correct browser and/or OS. I'm sure
    some web designers haven't even heard of anything other than XP ;)

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane Colman, May 17, 2006

  3. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    But, alas, all links are Microsoft links. One MSN site and two Microsoft.
    Good try but not the answer.

    http://video.msn.com/v/us/req.aspx?...461f7-89e1-415c-aa58-80d1b6f8066e&p=angietest
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.aspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx

    John Barnes, May 17, 2006
  4. John Barnes

    Jane Colman Guest

    Agh, just reread your post....MS site got OS wrong too....good grief!!
    Can't say I've had any problems at all using XP x64 and WMP on any websites.
    What was the URL of the problem one that pointed you back to MS to download
    Media Player again?

    Jane Colman, May 17, 2006
  5. John Barnes

    Jane Colman Guest

    reload link ;)
    At first I got the same as you, so being perverse I just clicked the link to
    reload the page and it worked. Weird.

    Jane Colman, May 17, 2006
  6. John Barnes

    Rick Guest

    You need to look at you system carefully; both hardware and software.
    WMP 10 is part of Win x64 and I have never had a problem with the one on
    my system. When you have site errors are you using I.E. 64-bit or I.E.
    32-bit? Very little works under I.E. 64-bit because the is almost no
    support for it.

    Rick, May 17, 2006
  7. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks Rick. Temporarily forgot links from OE launch 64-bit windows.

    John Barnes, May 17, 2006
  8. John Barnes

    Barb Bowman Guest

    because XP x64 was built on the Server 2003 code base--

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, May 17, 2006
  9. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    But it also has SP1 which Microsoft didn't recognise.

    John Barnes, May 17, 2006
  10. John Barnes

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    They're probably detecting your OS from the browser's user agent string, so
    all they have to go on is "Windows NT 5.2" which was only Windows Server
    2003 for a while.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, May 17, 2006
  11. John Barnes

    Barb Bowman Guest

    so try the fiddler tool

    >>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, May 18, 2006
  12. As Previously Mentioned by both Microsoft and Microsoft MVP's, Windows Media
    Player 11.0 Beta is for 32-Bit Windows XP Service Pack 2 Only, just FYI.

    Kevin John Panzke, May 19, 2006