    missing. How do I know what codecs it needs and where will I get them? I've
    tried reinstalling WMP 10 but that hasn't solved the problem.

    Phil
    PP, Aug 20, 2005

  2. PP

    Harrison Guest

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:43:46 GMT, "PP" <> wrote:

    >I'm trying to play audio files through Windows Media Player 10 but keep
    >getting a message telling me it won't play as the required codecs are
    >missing. How do I know what codecs it needs and where will I get them? I've
    >tried reinstalling WMP 10 but that hasn't solved the problem.
    >
    >Phil

    Use Gspot to determine the codec.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    Probably DivX or Xvid.
    http://www.xvid.org/
    Harrison, Aug 21, 2005

  3. PP

    Unk Guest

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 22:43:46 GMT, "PP" <> wrote:

    >I'm trying to play audio files through Windows Media Player 10 but keep
    >getting a message telling me it won't play as the required codecs are
    >missing. How do I know what codecs it needs and where will I get them? I've
    >tried reinstalling WMP 10 but that hasn't solved the problem.
    >
    >Phil

    Latest free video and audio codecs
    http://www.free-codecs.com/index.htm

    Codec resources and alternatives:
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/finalbuilds.htm

    First, download and run "Gspot". Then use it to open the file and determine the codec needed.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

    DivX 3.11:
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/divxcodec.html

    DivX 5.x
    http://www.divx.com/divx/

    MPEG2 Decoder Package
    http://www.elecard.com/download/

    http://video-codec.8m.com/codecs.htm

    http://www.xvid.org/
    http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

    Nimo pack.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/nimo_pack.html

    FFDSHOW.
    http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html

    Download the MS-MPEG-4v3 codec fix (Win9x/NT4)
    on: http://www.moviecodec.com/download/codecs.shtml

    Compression Codecs (Huge list)
    http://dshow.narod.ru/

    Download the K-Lite Codec pack. This contrains the most uptodate video and audio codecs.
    http://home.hccnet.nl/h.edskes/mirror.htm

    ACE Mega Codec Pack Professional Edition has practically every codec you need or ever wanted.
    This contains the latest version of every codec including DivX and XviD.
    http://www.sysonline.hu/files/codec/ACEMCP601PRO.exe
    http://sq5.onlinedown.net/down/ACEMCP601PRO.exe

    http://abmefaq.net for all your Multimedia answers

    Audio Codecs Resources
    http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm

    "The Codecs" package.
    http://www.xelation.nl/theorica/codecs.htm

    QuickTime Alternative
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickTime_Alternative.htm

    Windows Media Series Audio and Video Codecs
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/codecs.aspx

    Windows Media Player plug-ins
    <http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9Series/GettingStarted//personalization/plugins.asp>
    Unk, Aug 21, 2005