    has to offer, however I am interested in Windows 64bit Edition. Is there any
    way I can have both OSs installed at the smae time, or is there any plans for
    a Media Center x64? I am open for suggestions.
    =?Utf-8?B?YmdlZXppZXNy?=, May 18, 2005

  2. Currently there are no plans for a MCE x64 edition.
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 18, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YmdlZXppZXNy?=

    Juan Jansen Guest

    What about a Windows XP Tablet PC x64 Edition?

    Juan Jansen, May 18, 2005
  4. nothing yet. But then there aren't any Tablet PC available yet that are x64
    capable. I'm guessing we're still a ways out from that, though I wouldn't be
    surprised to hear someone was doing it, just haven't so far. I'm hoping,
    really, since I'm a Tablet PC MVP as well, and love my Tablets. But want x64
    on a tablet.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 18, 2005
  5. I have heard rumours of some folks enabling many of the MCE features on an
    x64 box. But I suspect this is something you'll find out more about in MCE
    specific communities and newsgroups. (OTOH, it sure makes sense for an MCE
    edition of x64 -- the hardware should rock on nice big digital media files
    and features.)

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 18, 2005
  6. It *is* possible to get the MCE application to install under x64, with a
    little hard work ;).

    In a screenshot that I took for an article on Extended64.com, I have the MCE
    app in the recent programs area of my start menu:
    http://www.extended64.com/photos/article_screenshots/picture131.aspx.

    Of course, it will be running as a 32-bit process under the .NET 1.1
    Framework, but it's better then nothing. If you want to use the MCE App for
    TV, an x64 supported TV Tuner (which also works under MCE) is required; and
    that could be a problem right now.

    --
    Ryan Hoffman
    Extended64.com - http://www.extended64.com

    Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com], May 18, 2005
  7. I read on Paul Thurrotts WinInfo Shorts, the version of Media Center after
    (Emerald) is suppose to be 64 bit. (Speculation).
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 18, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=, May 18, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?YmdlZXppZXNy?=

    WM Guest

    Nope. There is no plan for it before Longhorn. And doing so before Longhorn
    would be rather complicated...

    WM, May 18, 2005
  10. OK, then I'm still wondering why an MS rep said outright that MCE x64 is
    running in-house, just as a beta?

    Ravlen

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2bGVu?=, May 18, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?YmdlZXppZXNy?=

    WM Guest

    Dunno. It likely is running already on Longhorn builds. But there are some
    specific reasons why releasing pre-Longhorn would take way more work than
    it's worth...

    WM, May 19, 2005
  12. No, we wont have Tablet either.

    I dont know why the prior statements were made, but they are unfounded.
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 19, 2005