    box gets.

    NOTE: I am able to view channel 185 through the PC but recording it is my
    problem.

    Stu, Dec 1, 2007

  2. Stu

    JANA Guest

    The tuner section in your Media centre by design cannot get the necessary
    frequencies to receive above the range that you can tune it to.

    The solution is to change the Media centre hardware to a model type that can
    tune the channels you want to receive.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Stu" <> wrote in message
    I have XP Media Center on my PC. I have my cable hooked up to a digital box
    from Comcast which gives me channel 185. I want to be able to record
    something on that channel, but it won't let me see via the guide any channel
    above about 85. When I try and use the manual record mode, it says I have
    to enter a channel below 158.

    Is there anyway to get Media center to see the upper channels that my cable

    JANA, Dec 2, 2007

  3. Stu

    chuckcar Guest

    "Stu" <> wrote in

    > I have XP Media Center on my PC. I have my cable hooked up to a
    > digital box from Comcast which gives me channel 185. I want to be
    > able to record something on that channel, but it won't let me see via
    > the guide any channel above about 85. When I try and use the manual
    > record mode, it says I have to enter a channel below 158.
    >
    > Is there anyway to get Media center to see the upper channels that my
    > cable box gets.
    >
    > NOTE: I am able to view channel 185 through the PC but recording it
    > is my problem.

    Use a vcr to tune the channel and then you get the output to channel 2
    or 3 which you *can* see. In other words, you hook the comcast box to
    the vcr and then the output from the vcr to your computer. You then use
    the remote for the vcr to change channels. Although why you wouldn't use
    the vcr to record something is another question.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 2, 2007