    years. Consequently, I would also like to get the 64 bit version of Windows,
    but I can't find any information on when a 64bit Edition will be available
    for MCE. What are the plans there?
    =?Utf-8?B?QW1vbmQ=?=, Sep 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QW1vbmQ=?=

    NoNoBadDog! Guest

    "Amond" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have an aging PC that I would like to replace with a Media Center Edition
    > PC, and I want it to be pretty beefy to handle the load for the next 3-5
    > years. Consequently, I would also like to get the 64 bit version of
    > Windows,
    > but I can't find any information on when a 64bit Edition will be available
    > for MCE. What are the plans there?

    No 64 bit version is planned.

    You should still get a 64 bit AMD processor...buying a 32 bit based system
    at this point in time would be foolish.

    Bobby
    NoNoBadDog!, Sep 12, 2005

  3. Amond wrote:
    > I have an aging PC that I would like to replace with a Media Center Edition
    > PC, and I want it to be pretty beefy to handle the load for the next 3-5
    > years. Consequently, I would also like to get the 64 bit version of Windows,
    > but I can't find any information on when a 64bit Edition will be available
    > for MCE. What are the plans there?

    So far, Microsoft has steadfastly maintained that there will be no
    64-bit version of WinXP MCE.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH
    Bruce Chambers, Sep 12, 2005
  4. Buy a chip that will support x64 Edition, and then buy 32-bit Windows MCE.
    No 64-bit version has been announced, though it has been stated that there
    will be MCE functionality in Vista Premium Home Edition. And that all
    versions of Vista will be available in both 64bit and 32bit. By buying a
    chip that supports x64 now, you're positioning yourself for the future.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 12, 2005
  5. Actually Charlie, that is speculation and has not been confirmed, although
    it seems that there will be a separate SKU for both MCE and Tablet will be
    native 32/64 bit and will be optional at install time for the user to choose
    which version to install according to their hardware architecture.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Sep 12, 2005