  1. I want to measure the quality of a WiFi connection. The AP comes with no
    real software for it what can people recommend.
    Looking at dropped packets. collisions, network overhead and so on.

    Collector»NZ, May 21, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:28:25 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > I want to measure the quality of a WiFi connection. The AP comes with no
    > real software for it what can people recommend.
    > Looking at dropped packets. collisions, network overhead and so on.

    Hi
    Can snmp be enabled on the AP?

    --
    Cheers
    Malcolm °¿°

    Malcolm, May 21, 2005

  3. Malcolm wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:28:25 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:
    >

    >>I want to measure the quality of a WiFi connection. The AP comes with no
    >>real software for it what can people recommend.
    >>Looking at dropped packets. collisions, network overhead and so on.

    > Hi
    > Can snmp be enabled on the AP?

    No not on mine in client mode. Yep I thought of that but found that its
    not available in the mode I need to run in.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, May 21, 2005
  4. Collector»NZ

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sat, 21 May 2005 19:57:53 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > Malcolm wrote:
    >> On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:28:25 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:
    >>

    >>>I want to measure the quality of a WiFi connection. The AP comes with no
    >>>real software for it what can people recommend.
    >>>Looking at dropped packets. collisions, network overhead and so on.

    >> Hi
    >> Can snmp be enabled on the AP?
    >>

    > No not on mine in client mode. Yep I thought of that but found that its
    > not available in the mode I need to run in.

    Thats a bugger... So does it have a web interface or telnet access that
    has any statistics on it?

    --
    Cheers
    Malcolm °¿°

    Malcolm, May 21, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ

    Richard Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:

    > No not on mine in client mode. Yep I thought of that but found that its
    > not available in the mode I need to run in.

    What model AP is it?

    Richard, May 21, 2005
  6. Richard wrote:
    > Collector»NZ wrote:
    >
    >> No not on mine in client mode. Yep I thought of that but found that
    >> its not available in the mode I need to run in.

    > What model AP is it?

    Dlink Airplus G+

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, May 21, 2005
  7. Malcolm wrote:
    > On Sat, 21 May 2005 19:57:53 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:
    >

    >>Malcolm wrote:

    >>>Hi
    >>>Can snmp be enabled on the AP?
    >>>

    >>No not on mine in client mode. Yep I thought of that but found that its
    >>not available in the mode I need to run in.

    > Thats a bugger... So does it have a web interface or telnet access that
    > has any statistics on it?

    Actually hadnt though of Telnet, the info on these things is slim to
    none so will experiment a bit.

    | Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
    *Slow day Posts Blog*

    Collector»NZ, May 21, 2005